Work Comp Premium Auditor
Company: SIF, Idaho Workers' Compensation
Location: Idaho Falls
Posted on: June 23, 2022
The State Insurance Fund (SIF) is Idaho's leading workers
compensation insurance provider. Since our inception in 1917, SIF
has been dedicated to Idaho businesses and their injured workers.
Our employees are the face of SIF and crucial to providing
exceptional customer service. The majority of our policyholders are
small businesses that are the backbone of Idaho's economy. We are
proud to offer services to help protect their employees and support
their financial strength. Passionate about customer service? As a
Premium Auditor, you will use your exceptional communication skills
to collaborate with policyholders, agents, and internal teams as
you conduct workers compensation premium audits for Idaho
businesses in Idaho Falls and the surrounding area. Additionally,
you will review and update risk exposure, as well as assist
policyholders with their inquiries regarding premium audits.You
will be responsible for:
- Performing field audits of policyholder payroll records, other
related documents, and systems as required to facilitate adjustment
of premium within the policy contract, Idaho law, and applicable
NCCI (National Council on Compensation Insurance) rules and
- Establishing and maintaining professional customer service
relationships with policyholders, their representatives, and
- Reviewing policyholder operations to include business
ownership, change of exposure, claims, NCCI classifications, and
potential work site hazards.
- Conducting in-depth interviews with policyholders and agents
relating to audit results.
- Providing comprehensive written audit reports within
established timeframes and audit standards.
- Reviewing completed audits for compliance to standards, rules,
- Communicating policyholder exposure issues with appropriate SIF
- Maintaining knowledge of current industry changes and trends
that include NCCI, Idaho Code, legal decisions, and SIF standards.
Your qualifications should include:
- Bachelor's Degree in business, accounting, finance, economics,
or a related discipline, or an equivalent combination of education
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the
ability to write reports in a clear and concise manner. Business
writing experience helpful.
- Proficiency in interpreting insurance laws and insurance policy
- Some knowledge of NCCI rules and regulations and Idaho law as
it applies to workers compensation insurance.
- Experience conducting in-depth interviews to elicit sensitive
and confidential information.
- Knowledge of business financial, accounting, and/or payroll
- Experience in accurately performing mathematical calculations
including calculations using decimals, fractions, and
- Proficient in use of payroll software systems and Microsoft
Office suite of software products.
- Self-directed in managing your time and completing work
assignments within specified timeframes.
- Must possess a valid Idaho driver's license and a reliable
source of transportation.
- Ability to travel approximately 80% of the time throughout
Idaho Falls and the surrounding area is required.What you can
- A fun, collaborative culture
- Work-life balance
- Professional development opportunities that are more than just
"talked about", they actually happen!
- Competitive salary
- Generous paid time off
- Amazing insurance benefits package
- Retirement benefits that rock - membership in PERSI (pension
plan) as well as retirement savings options via 401(k) and 457
plansIn addition to a great working environment and a strong focus
on work-life integration, SIF offers a competitive salary and an
amazing comprehensive benefits package.SIF values diversity and we
are an equal opportunity employer. Please note that applicants need
to have legal authority to work permanently in the U.S.
Keywords: SIF, Idaho Workers' Compensation, Idaho Falls , Work Comp Premium Auditor, Accounting, Auditing , Idaho Falls, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!