Associate Property Manager - Idaho Falls
Company: TOK Commercial
Location: Idaho Falls
Posted on: November 20, 2022
Description:**Please note that we will follow-up to your
application via email. Often those emails are captured in Junk
Mail. Please check your email frequently for communication from us
regarding your application.**Are you a self-motivated and highly
resourceful person who is capable of dominating the markets we
serve? Do innovation, information, and teamwork excite you? Are you
an avid learner who is always looking to improve?TOK is seeking a
talented Associate Property Manager who will be responsible for
protecting, maintaining, and enhancing the value of commercial real
estate assets in order to maximize the property owner's financial
return and for the benefit of the tenants and the Company. This is
accomplished by independent direction and coordination of the
property's operational and financial activities, leasing, and
marketing. This employee represents the property owner to both the
tenants and the public.Who We Are:
- Locally and independently owned company founded in 1991.
- The leading commercial real estate firm in Idaho.
- Voted by our employees as one of Idaho's Best Places to Work
for fifteen (15!) consecutive years. We encourage you to join our
team and see why!As an Associate Property Manager, a typical day
includes performing these essential duties and responsibilities:
- Acts as coordinator to ensure that company fully meets and
exceed contractual property management obligations. Responsible for
all management related duties in order to best serve each property,
representing the owners as 'clients' and tenants as
- Manages portfolio in efforts to protect, maintain, and enhance
the value of certain assigned commercial real estate assets in
order to maximize the owner's financial return and for the benefit
of the tenants, clients, and the Company.
- Reviews and enforces all terms of leases, insurance and service
contracts. Understands and upholds all terms and conditions of
property management agreement and explains to client as needed the
extent and scope of management responsibilities, services to be
performed, and costs for services. Likewise, is aware of what
management contract does not provide and what additional charges
may be billed to the client or tenant as work outside the normal
scope of engagement;
- Develops a property budget with annual projections for
anticipated income and budgeted operating expenses and capital
improvement expenditures for client's approval. Assisted in this
effort by a Staff Accountant.
- Visits properties and reports property conditions (preventive
and emergency) to the property owners. Assisted in this effort by a
- Oversees the maintenance of property conditions (preventive and
emergency), contracts for and oversees capital improvements and
alterations, renovations or reconditioning of property as specified
in property management contract, or per the owner's directions or
- Oversees collection of rents and other tenant charges;
- Coordinate bidding process with vendors.
- Directs disbursement strategy on behalf of clients;
- May contact utility companies to arrange for transfer of
service for tenants and owners;
- Oversees preparation of financial statements and reports on
status of properties to include annual budget preparation, monthly
bill coding, financial document preparation, review and analysis
including cash flow, income statement, general ledger, A/R & A/P,
delinquencies and balance sheet;
- Coordinate and log tenant calls/requests with maintenance
and/or repair personnel.
- Responsible for checking out building keys to outside
- Provides 24/7 on-call dispatch for any maintenance emergencies,
on a rotating basis with all other property managers. Estimated to
be approx. 1 week out of 10.
- May assist with eviction of tenants in compliance with lease
terms, court order, and directions from legal counsel and
- Directs bookkeeping functions, or credit client's account for
receipts and debits account for disbursements, such as mortgage,
taxes, and insurance premium payments, management services costs,
and upkeep and maintain costs.
- Track tenant insurance and contact information.
- In addition to managing their own portfolio of properties, this
position also provides support to a Senior or Commercial Property
- Provide support to owners and accounting staff in the event of
a property sale, appraisals, refinance or account changes.
- Reliable and predictable attendance required.
- Other duties as assigned by Management.Requirements:Essential
knowledge, skills and abilities needed to succeed:
- College degree strongly preferred. Experience in property
management as either an assistant or manager is preferred.
- Advanced skills and/or exceptional ability to learn advanced
- Will be able to use the Yardi lease management system to
include but not limited to: creating budgets, producing monthly
financials, sending out tenant rent statements, correcting and
approving invoices, using the Yardi maintenance system for
preventive maintenance and work orders.
- Displays excellent oral and written communication skills and
proficiency in necessary computer software.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment,
time management, communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate concise and timely responses to
requests, concerns and issues.
- Demonstrate the ability to maintain professional relationships
with owners, tenants, vendors, and staff while providing high
levels of service to owners and tenants by communicating clear and
timely responses to issues, requests, problems, and regular
Keywords: TOK Commercial, Idaho Falls , Associate Property Manager - Idaho Falls, Accounting, Auditing , Idaho Falls, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!