Mobility and Desktop Infrastructure Engineer
Company: Battelle Energy Alliance
Location: Idaho Falls
Posted on: January 15, 2021
Description-Does a career focused on changing the world's energy
future intrigue you? If so, we might have just the opportunity
you're looking for!
Idaho National Laboratory's (INL) Operations group is seeking
forward-thinking, professionals interested in exploring a technical
career as a Mobility and Desktop Infrastructure Engineer!
This role is responsible for designing, deploying, managing, and
configuring virtual and physical workstation environments using
Microsoft and Apple operating systems.
Experience with enterprise desktop deployments and management,
including application package development and enterprise system
refreshes, the ability to create and manage profiles, apps, create
compliance rules using management platforms (Intune/SCCM),
troubleshoot and run Powershell scripts as it pertains to endpoint
- Participates and contributes to designing, implementing and
updating the mobility strategy. Responsible for the evaluation and
support of solutions and development for Mobile Device Management
for INL utilizing information technology architect standards and
- Supports the design, implementation and the updates of the
Virtual Desktop Infrastructure. Submits solutions for approvals to
- Utilize digital literacy and capabilities, along with
developmental toolkits, to isolate improvements to ongoing
technical issues for resolution.
- Responsible for ensuring functions and capabilities of the
management systems are utilized efficiently and appropriately using
an architectural approach.
- Performs under general oversight for completing tasks and
applies approved solutions.
- Work multiple tasks or projects independently that are broad in
nature usually requiring in-depth knowledge of
- Perform testing and analysis on new systems to be released to
INL employees and provide results to the appropriate INL
organizations to support organizational business objectives.
Results performed by this analysis often become basis for INL
standard configuration changes.
- Works desktop, laptop, and mobile software deployment within
the INL through design, programming, testing and developing rollout
- Participate in resolution to complex problems within a wide
area of niche support functions, including providing alternative
approaches to fulfill customer needs, and demonstrating innovation
in addressing routine as well as non-routine assignments relating
- Effectively collaborate and supervise work and
- Interact with personnel coordinating problem resolution across
Responsibilities to immediate Manager and Lead include:
- Compliance with Laboratory policies, standards, and procedures
(e.g., ESH&Q and security & safeguards performance and
- Completion of assigned work on time, on budget, and in
accordance with expectations and authorities.
- Maintaining expertise.
- Finding opportunities for improvement.
- Contributing and performing completion of daily authorized
- Performing tasks under general supervision.
- Identify equipment and facility needs.
- Stop work if an ES&H, quality, or safeguards and security
- Level 2: Bachelor's degree plus 2 years' of experience OR 10
years' appropriate education/experience in lieu of degree.
- Level 3: Bachelor's plus 5 years' experience OR 12 years
relevant experience/education in lieu of a Bachelors'.
- Evaluate, select, and apply technical techniques to solve
problems of increasing scope and complexity.
Must demonstrate knowledge and skills with the following:
- Must have a solid understanding of current industry MDM
- Must have solid understanding of VDI solutions and
- Standard computer hardware/software installation.
- TCP/IP networking and configuration.
- Windows and iOS/Android system installation and
- Software deployment methodologies and scripting.
- Must possess excellent customer service and communications
skills (verbal and written).
- Must enjoy working as part of a team.
- Salary Grade: 190.
- Multi-Level: This is a multi-level posting and the selected
candidate will be placed at the appropriate level dependent on
depth and breadth of proven experience and skills
INL is a science-based, applied engineering national laboratory
dedicated to supporting the U.S. Department of Energy's mission in
nuclear energy research, science, and national defense. With more
than 5,000 scientists, researchers, and support staff, the
laboratory works with national and international governments,
universities and industry partners to discover new science and
development technologies that underpin the nation's nuclear and
renewable energy, national security, and environmental
Our mission is to discover, demonstrate and secure innovative
nuclear energy solutions, other clean energy options and critical
Our vision is to change the world's energy future and secure our
nation's critical infrastructure.
Selective Service Requirements:
To be eligible for employment at INL males born after December 31,
1959 must have registered with the Selective Service System (SSS).
For more information see www.sss.gov.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Idaho National Laboratory (INL) is an Equal Employment Opportunity
(EEO) employer. It is the policy of INL to provide equal employment
opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic
information. Women and People of Color are strongly encouraged to
When applying to positions please provide a resume and answer all
questions on the following screens. Applicants, who fail to provide
a resume or answer the questions, may be deemed ineligible for
Benefits, Salary, and Relocation:
We have an extremely competitive salary structure, robust
relocation package, and phenomenal benefits. For more information,
please visit: .
-Primary Location:-United StatesJob:-Computer Information
(Yxxx)Schedule:-Full-timeEmployee Status:-RegularJob Posting:-Jan
11, 2021, 6:16:27 PMUnposting Date:-Jan 26, 2021, 6:59:00 AM
Keywords: Battelle Energy Alliance, Idaho Falls , Mobility and Desktop Infrastructure Engineer, Engineering , Idaho Falls, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!