Senior Desktop Services Engineer
Company: Battelle Energy Alliance
Location: Idaho Falls
Posted on: January 15, 2021
Description-Does a career focused on changing the world's energy
future intrigue you? If so, we might have just the opportunity
you're looking for!
Idaho National Laboratory's (INL) Information Management group is
seeking forward-thinking, professionals interested in exploring a
technical career as a Senior Desktop Services Engineer!
The Sr. Desktop Services Engineer will need experience in the
- Designing, deploying, managing, and configuring virtual and
physical workstation environments using Microsoft and Apple
- Enterprise desktop deployments and management, including
application package development and enterprise system
Additionally we need you to have the ability to:
- Build and manage profiles, apps and create compliance rules
using management platforms (Intune/SCCM).
- Create, troubleshoot and run Powershell scripts as it pertains
to endpoint management.
- Primary System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- Work with minimal direction from INL internal staff to ensure
effective and efficient delivery of SCCM services (images, software
deployments, logs, reports, maintenance) to INL
- Support the development and design of new methodologies to
deploy images with varying levels of interaction dependent on
client needs and customization's
- Support the design of Windows 10 INL standard image using SCCM
task sequence methods and create, test and maintain said
- Specify design of techniques to deploy, replace, and remove
applications enterprise-wide using SCCM methods.
- Engineer reports based on data gathered by SCCM including
enterprise-wide hardware specs, license information, deployment
statistics, vulnerability assessments, and more as the need
- Support the coordination of daily, weekly and monthly SCCM
authorized tasks, including but not limited to, monitoring system
status, interpreting warnings and errors in system logs,
investigating devices not communicating via the SCCM client,
address instances of duplicate MAC addresses and duplicate device
objects, examine discovered IP subnets and boundaries and confer
with the networking to ensure accuracy.
Active Directory Management Support:
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of desktop and user group
policy deployment and configuration.
- Take actions vital to resolve permission issues with specific
applications and the INL standard image. Solution creation based on
whether the user or the program permissions need elevation, or
creation of custom script if no special elevation needs to be
- Evaluate LUA variance results.
- Develop LUA variance review based on currently available
- Standard Software Testing and Maintenance:
- Supports the design of INL standard software located for user
installation on and scripts used to facilitate users installs from
INL Policy and Procedure Creation, Review, and Revision:
- Application and maintenance of CIS/NIST settings to all INL
workstations (windows and non-windows)
- Custom Scripting Solutions:
- Design, develop, install, patch and upgrading of custom
PowerShell scripts as needed in order to facilitate automation of
various computer related tasks including application settings
changes, application installation, registry changes, application
uninstalls, workstation configuration, workstation
- Custom Command Line scripts needed in order to facilitate
automation of various computer tasks. These tasks include changes
to registry, application settings, application installation, app
uninstalls, and workstation configuration
- Work multiple tasks or projects independently that are broad in
nature usually requiring in-depth knowledge of configuration.
Accountability to Immediate Manager and Lead:
- For aligning with Laboratory policies, standards, and
procedures (e.g., ESH&Q and safeguards and security performance
- Completion of assigned work on time, on budget, and in
accordance with expectations and authorities.
- Maintaining expertise.
- Finding opportunities for improvement.
- Bachelors plus 5 years' experience.
- Demonstrate a specialized level of knowledge in computer
systems analysis, software design, and problem solving
- Independently evaluate, select, and apply technical techniques
to solve problems of increasing scope and complexity.
Must demonstrate knowledge and skills with the following:
- INL-standard computer hardware/software
- TCP/IP networking and configuration
- Windows 10/SCCM configuration and deployment
- Recommended knowledge of Macintosh, and Linux operating system
installation and configuration
- Software deployment methodologies and scripting
- Excellent customer service and communications skills (verbal
- Working as part of a team.
- Salary Grade: 190
- Multi-Level: This is a multi-level posting and we will place
the selected candidate at the appropriate level dependent on depth
and breadth of confirmed experience and skills
INL is a science-based, applied engineering national laboratory
dedicated to supporting the U.S. Department of Energy's mission in
nuclear energy research, science, and national defense. With more
than 5,000 scientists, researchers, and support staff, the
laboratory works with national and international governments,
universities and industry partners to discover new science and
development technologies that underpin the nation's nuclear and
renewable energy, national security, and environmental
Our mission is to discover, demonstrate and secure innovative
nuclear energy solutions, other clean energy options and critical
Our vision is to change the world's energy future and secure our
nation's critical infrastructure.
Selective Service Requirements:
To be eligible for employment at INL males born after December 31,
1959 must have registered with the Selective Service System (SSS).
For more information see www.sss.gov.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Idaho National Laboratory (INL) is an Equal Employment Opportunity
(EEO) employer. It is the policy of INL to provide equal employment
opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic
information. Women and People of Color are strongly encouraged to
When applying to positions please provide a resume and answer all
questions on the following screens. Applicants, who fail to provide
a resume or answer the questions, may be deemed ineligible for
Benefits, Salary, and Relocation:
We have an extremely competitive salary structure, robust
relocation package, and phenomenal benefits. For more information,
please visit: .
-Primary Location:-US-ID-Idaho FallsJob:-Computer Information
(Yxxx)Schedule:-Full-timeEmployee Status:-RegularJob Posting:-Jan
11, 2021, 6:11:07 PMUnposting Date:-Jan 26, 2021, 6:59:00 AM
Keywords: Battelle Energy Alliance, Idaho Falls , Senior Desktop Services Engineer, Engineering , Idaho Falls, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!