Desktop Services Engineer
Company: Battelle Energy Alliance
Location: Idaho Falls
Posted on: January 15, 2021
Description-Does a career focused on changing the world's energy
future intrigue you? If so, we might have just the opportunity
you're looking for!
Idaho National Laboratory's (INL) Operations group within our
Information Management organization is seeking a forward-thinking
professional interested in exploring a technical career at INL as a
Desktop Services Engineer.
Configuration Management Desktop Service- Primary System Center
Configuration Manager (SCCM) Engineering:
- Work with minimal direction from INL internal staff to ensure
effective and efficient delivery of SCCM services (images, software
deployments, logs, reports, maintenance) to INL
- Support the development and design of new methodologies to
deploy images with varying levels of interaction dependent on
client needs and customization's
- Support the design of Windows 10 INL standard image using SCCM
task sequence methods. Creates, tests and maintains said
- Specifies design of techniques to deploy, replace, and remove
applications enterprise-wide using SCCM methods.
- Engineer reports based on data gathered by SCCM including
enterprise-wide hardware specs, license information, deployment
statistics, vulnerability assessments, and more as the need
- Support the coordination of daily, weekly and monthly SCCM
authorized tasks including but not limited to monitoring system
status, interpreting warnings and errors in system logs,
investigating devices not communicating via the SCCM client, lead
instances of duplicate MAC addresses and duplicate device objects,
examine discovered IP subnets and boundaries and confer with the
networking to ensure accuracy.
- Support tasks for creating, delivering, and monitoring patching
activities through SCCM.
- Level 2- Bachelor's degree plus 2 years of relevant experience
or at least 8 years relevant experience in lieu of degree.
- Level 3- Bachelor's degree plus 5 years of experience OR 13
years relevant education/experience in lieu of degree.
- High level working knowledge of SCCM.
- Demonstrate a specialized level of knowledge in computer
systems analysis, software design, and problem solving
- Independently evaluate, select, and apply technical techniques
to solve problems of increasing scope and complexity.
Must demonstrate knowledge and skills with the following:
- Standard computer hardware/software.
- TCP/IP networking and configuration.
- Windows 10/SCCM configuration and deployment.
- Software deployment methodologies and scripting.
- Must possess excellent customer service and communications
skills (verbal and written).
- Must enjoy working in a team environment.
- Salary Grade: 190/200
INL is a science-based, applied engineering national laboratory
dedicated to supporting the U.S. Department of Energy's mission in
nuclear energy research, science, and national defense. With more
than 5,000 scientists, researchers, and support staff, the
laboratory works with national and international governments,
universities and industry partners to discover new science and
development technologies that underpin the nation's nuclear and
renewable energy, national security, and environmental
Our mission is to discover, demonstrate and secure innovative
nuclear energy solutions, other clean energy options and critical
Our vision is to change the world's energy future and secure our
nation's critical infrastructure.
Selective Service Requirements:
To be eligible for employment at INL males born after December 31,
1959 must have registered with the Selective Service System (SSS).
For more information see www.sss.gov.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Idaho National Laboratory (INL) is an Equal Employment Opportunity
(EEO) employer. It is the policy of INL to provide equal employment
opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic
information. Women and People of Color are strongly encouraged to
When applying to positions please provide a resume and answer all
questions on the following screens. Applicants, who fail to provide
a resume or answer the questions, may be deemed ineligible for
Benefits, Salary, and Relocation:
We have an extremely competitive salary structure, robust
relocation package, and phenomenal benefits. For more information,
please visit: .
-Primary Location:-US-ID-Idaho FallsJob:-Computer Information
(Yxxx)Schedule:-Full-timeEmployee Status:-RegularJob Posting:-Dec
15, 2020, 8:36:59 AMUnposting Date:-Jan 12, 2021, 6:59:00 AM
Keywords: Battelle Energy Alliance, Idaho Falls , Desktop Services Engineer, Engineering , Idaho Falls, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!