Quality Assurance Engineer
Company: Battelle Energy Alliance
Location: Idaho Falls
Posted on: February 19, 2021
Does a career focused on changing the world's energy future
intrigue you? If so, we might have just the opportunity you're
We are hiring a Quality Assurance Engineer to work out of our
Specific Manufacturing Capability (SMC) Complex. SMC is a focused
manufacturing facility encompassing: Fabrication, and Assembly
This individual will join a supportive team while providing
meaningful work that directly protects the employees at SMC. They
will work a 4x10 schedule located approximately one hour from Idaho
- Support SMC Plant Operations in the areas of production
operations, capital project design and new equipment
- Develop and issue inspection plans as required.
- Lead and mentor quality inspectors to implement best practices
in all inspection activities.
- Maintain working knowledge of applicable codes and standards,
implementing quality requirements into SMC inspection plans.
- Monitor/audit SMC's supply chain to ensure compliance with
- Identify and implement process improvements in all SMC
- Identify quality issues and participate on cross-functional
teams to implement corrective actions.
- Engage in applying/leading Quality tools in SMC
- Ensure implementation of INL Quality Requirements in SMC
- Provide statistical data analysis and reporting.
- Participate in cause analysis and development of corrective
- Conducts audit, assessment and surveillance activities to
identify opportunities to improve compliance and performance.
- Bachelors degree in an engineering or technical subject area
plus 2-6 years relevant experience (Fabrication, Machining &
- Ability to acquire and maintain a DOE L security
- Experience with timely resolution of issues through a formal
corrective action process
- Experience applying APQP principles.
- Experience using statistical analysis tools.
- Experience with NDE techniques i.e., PT, MT, VT, UT.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are
- Experience with geometric dimensioning and tolerancing and
print interpretation. Job Information
- Salary Grade: 190/200
- Certifications: NDE test inspector / QA inspector, Testing
Designated Position (TDP)
- Surveillance exams: Noise (hearing conservation program)
- Multi-Level: This is a multi-level posting. The selected
candidate will be placed at the appropriate level dependent on
depth and breadth of relevant experience and skills INL is a
science-based, applied engineering national laboratory dedicated to
supporting the U.S. Department of Energy's mission in nuclear
energy research, science, and national defense. With more than
5,000 scientists, researchers, and support staff, the laboratory
works with national and international governments, universities and
industry partners to discover new science and development
technologies that underpin the nation's nuclear and renewable
energy, national security, and environmental missions.
Growing INL: An Overview of New Facilities and Capabilities
Our mission is to discover, demonstrate and secure innovative
nuclear energy solutions, other clean energy options and critical
When applying to positions please provide a resume and answer all
questions on the following screens. Applicants, who fail to provide
a resume or answer the questions, may be deemed ineligible for
Benefits, Salary, and Relocation
We have an extremely competitive salary structure, robust
relocation package, and phenomenal benefits. For more information,
Primary Location : United States
Job : Performance/Quality Assurance
Organization : Environment, Safety, Health & Quality (Hxxx)
Schedule : Full-time
Employee Status : Regular
Job Posting : Jan 21, 2021, 2:26:14 AM
Unposting Date : Feb 20, 2021, 6:59:00 AM
Keywords: Battelle Energy Alliance, Idaho Falls , Quality Assurance Engineer, Engineering , Idaho Falls, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!