Project Controls Engineer
Company: North Wind Group
Location: Idaho Falls
Posted on: August 16, 2019
Project Controls Engineer
North Wind Group
Idaho Falls ID
The general scope of this position is to:
1) Assist Project Managers (PMs) and the project team in
effectively and proactively managing projects to ensure project
2) Develop, maintain, and execute complex project performance
3) Perform a broad spectrum of cost estimating functions that
include developing proposal Work Breakdown Structures (WBS),
schedule, cost estimate Basis of Estimate (BOE), and cost
4) Perform cost estimating, analysis, and control activities and
schedule development, maintenance, monitoring, impact
identification, and recovery plan development activities.
5) Prepare on-project estimates and cost forecasts.
6) Support project organizational and administrative
7) Support the Regional Managers in all required job
Education: College degree in a relevant discipline
* Build cost and schedule performance baselines which includes well
defined; scope, assumptions, deliverables, Work Breakdown
Structure, and integrated critical path schedule that is resource
* Establish Earned Value Management System (EVMS) performance
standards, controls, and reporting based on the defined project
* Coordinate assigned projects and maintain cost and schedule data,
projections, reports, and other activities during project
* Interface with standard company business systems (Primavera P6
scheduling, Deltek Costpoint cost accounting system, Deltek Cobra,
NWG Dashborad, etc.)
* Support PMs in managing procurement actions (accruals, invoicing,
* Formulate effective communications and reporting requirements (as
defined by the PM, Corporate policy, and customer requirements)
that define the current status of a project in relation to the
project performance baseline, reasons for deviation, and assisting
with implementing corrective action plans.
* Develop accurate Estimate at Completion for detailed project
completion costs and performing monthly project fee analyses.
* Seek continuous improvement and enhancements of current project
* Support estimating in preparation of bid proposals and work
closely with the project development organization to assist in the
develop estimates for both fixed price and cost reimbursable
* Gather details and compile data to estimate all production costs
according to specifications Ensure all working documents and data
are maintained to back up estimate figures.
* Assist Contracting department during preparation of inquiries and
final evaluation of submitted bids as required.
* Help determine necessary resources for projects based on cost
estimates and budgetary constraints.
* Estimate and/or price extra work items, change orders, credit,
* Periodic travel in the U.S. to projects and client sites to
confirm project conditions
Work as an integral part of a team to review business
opportunities, conduct risk evaluations and bid/no-bid
Applicants selected may be subject to a Federal background
investigation and might be required to meet the eligibility
requirements for access to classified information or matter.
* Excellent interpersonal skills; work effectively and
cooperatively with all levels of management and staff, and client
as well as outside business associates.
* Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to
effectively present information and respond effectively and
sensitively to questions from client, managers, staff and the
* High degree of sensitivity regarding confidential client and
* Ability to advocate and enforce Company policies, procedures and
* Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team, and
make decisions, solve problems, exercise good judgment, work under
pressure, work with minimal supervision and prioritize
* Experience and skills with computer applications, including MS
* Familiar with Project Controls EVMS processes and project
management software's such as Primavera P6, Cobra, and Deltek
* Experienced in all facets of Cost Estimating, including
developing detailed cost estimates and BOEs using Code of Accounts
to develop a cost history database that is company specific and
performing cost modeling for large projects.
(for eligible employees)
*Medical (Federal Employee Health Benefit)
*Life Insurance (Basic, AD&D, Voluntary)
*Retirement Plan (401k, ROTH)
*Personal Leave (Vacation/Sick)
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The nature of those accommodations will be determined on a
case-by-case basis. If you are an individual with a disability and
require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the
application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to
access or use this online application process and need an
alternative method for applying, you may contact our Helpline
+1.208.528.8714 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
North Wind Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer
and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair
and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color,
religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic
data, religion or other legally protected status. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated
against on the basis of disability.
Keywords: North Wind Group, Idaho Falls , Project Controls Engineer, Engineering , Idaho Falls, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!