ATR On-Line Planning and Execution Manager
Company: Battelle Energy Alliance
Location: Idaho Falls
Posted on: November 22, 2020
Idaho National Lab (INL) will change the world s energy future
and secure our infrastructure! Join us - innovate the future!
The Advanced Test Reactor (ATR) On-Line Planning and Execution team
is looking for an On-Line Planning and Execution Manager to join
their team of hardworking people. The chosen candidate will provide
leadership and direction to an integrated staff of work week
managers, production coordinators, schedulers and other technical
* Develops, maintains, and executes plans and schedules that
integrate project and facility related activities for Advanced Test
Reactor (ATR) on-line and ATR Critical (ATRC) facility
* Coordinates site organization resources in all major fields to
ensure detailed schedules vital to support all elements of
scheduled on-line work are properly developed to complete mission
critical preventive, corrective, project and modification work.
* Ensures the detailed and defined schedule and by making sure all
work is resource loaded, scheduled, and sequenced to complete
on-line periods and meet mission objectives.
* Handles, coordinates, and administers ATR on-line periods from
conceptual stages through planning, execution, post outage
start-up, and outage closeout.
* Use knowledge of engineering, procurement, production control,
industry processes, maintenance, operations, and contractor
assurance activities throughout the planning and on-line execution
to assure scope is defined and accomplished.
* Manages schedules, monitors progress, and initiates any necessary
actions to assure objectives and schedules are met and work is
performed within budget. Resolve problems and coordinate prior to
* Provides leadership to anticipate change, adjust promptly, and
effectively utilizes change management processes.
* Establishes and maintains strong and effective customer
relations. Has overall responsibility to ensure all aspects
sophisticated planning align with and meet the customer and
* Individual is responsible for the selection, initial and
continued training, and professional development of assigned
* Provides leadership, direction and integration of Advanced Test
Reactor (ATR) work activities for the purpose of long-range and
work week work planning of maintenance, experiments and projects at
the Advanced Test Reactor Complex (ATR Complex).
* Apply expertise to correctly determine compatible work scope,
activity sequence and resource loading for long-range and work week
work execution planning.
* Analyzes resource loaded schedules using the company scheduling
software (P6) and resolves resource constraints and prioritization
issues with ATR management.
* Utilizes metrics on historical work week efficiency and apply
knowledge and lessons learned to future work week integration
* Position requires solving complex planning, scheduling and
* Position requires responsibility for participation in asset
management and budgeting activities for facilities, equipment, and
* Person must have the ability to carry out multi-focus production
control activities in support of work execution priorities.
* Leads all aspects of development and execution of a rolling
T-week maintenance schedule.
* Develops metrics for work execution performance.
* Bachelors degree plus 7 years relevant experience, an advanced
degree plus 5 years applicable experience, or 15 years experience
in lieu of degree.
* Detailed knowledge of on-line work planning, scheduling, and
execute at a commercial or Department of Energy nuclear operating
facility or other industrial facility.
* Knowledge of Primavera (P6) software is highly desirable.
* Knowledge of Asset Suite software is highly preferred.
INL is a science-based, applied engineering national laboratory
dedicated to supporting the U.S. Department of Energy s mission in
nuclear energy research, science, and national defense. With more
than 5,000 scientists, researchers, and support staff, the
laboratory works with national and international governments,
universities and industry partners to discover new science and
development technologies that underpin the nation s nuclear and
renewable energy, national security, and environmental
Our mission is to discover, demonstrate and secure innovative
nuclear energy solutions, other clean energy options and critical
Our vision is to change the world s energy future and secure our
nation s critical infrastructure.
Selective Service Requirements:
To be eligible for employment at INL males born after December 31,
1959 must have registered with the Selective Service System (SSS).
For more information see www.sss.gov.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Idaho National Laboratory (INL) is an Equal Employment Opportunity
(EEO) employer. It is the policy of INL to provide equal employment
opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic
information. Women and People of Color are strongly encouraged to
When applying to positions please provide a resume and answer all
questions on the following screens. Applicants, who fail to provide
a resume or answer the questions, may be deemed ineligible for
Benefits, Salary, and Relocation:
We have an extremely competitive salary structure, robust
relocation package, and phenomenal benefits. For more information,
please visit: https://www.inl.gov/careers/benefits-overview/. .
Keywords: Battelle Energy Alliance, Idaho Falls , ATR On-Line Planning and Execution Manager, Executive , Idaho Falls, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!