Director of Quality
Company: Central Missouri Community Action
Location: Idaho Falls
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Participates, as member of management team, in evolution and
sustainment the Quality System consisting of product quality
assurance and quality control programs, standard operating
procedures (SOP's), organizational policies, and compliance
activities for the company. Essential Duties and
- Acts as the Management Representative for the Quality Unit for
- Develops, implements, and coordinates, through support staff, a
product quality program to prevent or eliminate defects in new or
existing products including but not limited to incoming raw
materials, packaging components, process water, bulk product
batches and finished goods.
- Communicates customer product specifications and requirements
and suggests and debates alternative methods and procedures in
solving problems and meeting changes with these
- Development, revision, implementation and auditing of Standard
Operating Procedures for the site in accordance to customer
compliance requirements and regulations.
- Reviews quality assurance standards, studies existing policies
and procedures, and interviews company personnel and customers to
evaluate effectiveness of the quality assurance program.
- Conducts management and training meetings with any/all
applicable company personnel to establish, delineate, and review
standard operating procedures, organizational policies, and
coordinate cross-departmental functions.
- Lead Quality Assurance and Quality Control staff.
- Cooperates with other top management personnel in formulating
and establishing company policies, Standard Operating Procedures,
- Develops, implements, revises and audits Standard Operating
Procedures for the Company in accordance to governing regulations
including FDA, ATF, OSHA, and ISO.
- Reviews technical problems and SOP's of the Company and
recommends solutions to problems or changes in procedure(s).
- Submits the required regulatory documents and reports for the
Company in accordance to governing regulatory agencies including
FDA, ATF, OSHA, ISO, and other state and local agencies.
- Oversees compliance with other standards and certifications
(Organic, RSPO, GFCO, etc).
- Reviews, audits and/or approves all Master Formulas and Bill Of
Materials for their accuracy.
- Oversees the performance and interpretation of plant hygiene
studies conducted on a quarterly basis.
- Oversees the performance and corrective actions of the Internal
Audit program on a quarterly basis.
- Maintains complaint, change control and CAPA programs and leads
investigation and effectiveness activities.
- Evaluates contents of reports from the Quality Control
department and other Company managers.
- Must be able to perform the essential job functions with or
without reasonable accommodation without posing a direct threat to
the individual or others.
- Confers with top management personnel regarding financial
decisions and fiscal budgets for Quality Assurance Department and
- Handles all regulatory agency and customer-based compliance
inspections and manufacturing facility audits.
- Confers with representatives of raw material and package
component vendors to obtain information related to supply quality
and vendor quality standards.
- Reviews technical publications, articles, and abstracts to stay
abreast of technical developments in the drug, medical device,
cosmetic and personal care product industries.
- Performs other duties as assigned or needed. Elevation Labs
provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to
federal law requirements, Elevation Labs complies with applicable
state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment at
every location in which the Company has facilities. This policy
applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including
recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff,
recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
The essential duties listed are representative of the major duties
required of this job; ability to perform the essential functions
with or without reasonable accommodation is required. Elevation
Labs may make reasonable accommodation to the known physical or
mental limitation of otherwise-qualified individuals with
disabilities unless the accommodation would impose an undue
hardship on the operation of our business.
This job description is not designed or intended to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or
responsibilities that are required for this job. Specific duties
and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs.
Incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as assigned.
- College degree (A.S. or B.S.) in a related field and 5 years of
quality management experience in a related industry.
- Experience and knowledge in Cosmetic, Personal Care, OTC drug,
and Medical Device regulations with FDA, Health Canada and other
- Knowledge of ISO standards, specifically ISO 22716 and ISO
- Flexibility and ability to handle multiple tasks in a short
amount of time.
- Knowledge of personal computers and Microsoft Office
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations (addition,
subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, etc.).
- Performs work using good organizational and time management
- Performs work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to
- Communicates by written and/or verbal means the nature of
out-of-specification test results.
- Works with minimum supervision.
- Perform essential duties and responsibilities efficiently,
accurately and safely. Additional
- Ability to climb stairs.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds on an occasional basis.
Machines Operated Laboratory equipment including, but not limited
- Copy machine
- Personal computer
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, bend
- Regularly use hands to keyboard or type, handle materials, or
- Regularly reach with hands and arms
- Requires composure and ability to prioritize and handle many
urgent tasks and requests simultaneously with a high level of
competence and accuracy
- Maintain confidentiality
- Willing to travel, if needed (minimal)Sufficient clarity of
speech and hearing abilities required by this classification
includes those which permit the employee to discern verbal
instructions and communicate effectively in person and by telephone
The physical demands identified above are representative of those
that will be required to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job.
Keywords: Central Missouri Community Action, Idaho Falls , Director of Quality, Executive , Idaho Falls, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!