Store Manager 1
Company: Jacksons Food Stores, Inc.
Location: Idaho Falls
Posted on: August 12, 2019
The Store Manager is responsible for the leadership and management
of the operation of a convenience store to ensure a clean,
pleasant, and friendly place to shop for the customer and a safe
place for the employees and customers. They set the example thru
the effective execution of the established leadership expectations
and management of the operations of the store to make Jacksons the
place to shop for our customers. A Store Manager is responsible for
establishing and maintaining outstanding GUEST service, oversees
and is accountable for the operation of a store ensuring maximum
sales and profitability through merchandise, inventory, expense
control, and managing operating costs and shrinkage.
- Understand and promote leadership and development opportunities
for their Store personnel.
- Provide exceptional GUEST service. Being courteous, always
greeting and thanking all customers.
- Recruits, hires, trains, and supervises store personnel,
evaluates their performance, and recommends or initiates
promotions, transfers, and disciplinary actions including
separation of employment.
- Be knowledgeable of, follows, interprets, and enforces company
policy and procedures with employees.
- Ensures proper sanitation and food
handling/prep/storage/disposal procedures are followed.
- Maintain cleanliness of building, islands, and pumps.
- Maintain interior/exterior cleanliness and supply stock of
carwash, where applicable.
- Restock shelving, displays, and coolers as needed; transferring
of product keeping store out of stocks to a minimum.
- Clean fast food area, equipment, and stock as needed Pick
up/empty trash and clean store and parking lot as needed.
- Suggest possible purchases to the customer and promote store
- Generates weekly work schedules and directs the store workforce
and approves the hours of work for Payroll. Ensures that no one
works off the clock and that any overtime worked is authorized and
paid. Ensures banking hours are recorded and paid accurately.
- Monitors all financial transactions for the store on a daily
basis. Identifies reasons for cash or inventory shortages.
Immediately reports any unexplained or excessive cash or inventory
losses to the DM.
- Understands and executes the smart safe required procedures or
in the absence of a smart safe, makes daily bank deposits at the
end of their shift of work, except on the weekend when the
Assistant Manager or other authorized person is doing the
- Make safe drops as per company policies.
- Ensures that weekly product orders are prepared and submitted
on time. Reconciles order deliveries against the orders
- Ensures that all weekly financial reports, including payroll,
are completed and submitted to Corporate on time.
- Handle customer complaints in a professional manner.
- Must be available to respond to emergencies at any time.
- Utilizes and provides appropriate training to their team on the
IT Support system to report various items of concern and
- Effectively manages foodservice and beverage programs to ensure
maximization of sales and minimizing loss.
- Participate in monthly manager meetings.
- Execute effective monthly store meetings.
- Must be available to work any shift and holidays.
- Ensures compliance with all Federal and State regulations,
- Reviews surveillance video periodically and to investigate
- Must be safety/security conscious, adhere to the guidelines in
the Safety Manual, and respond to any accidents or incidents
immediately that occur on the premises. Investigate and gather all
pertinent information regarding customer and employee
- Report to work promptly, neatly groomed, and in uniform.
- Enter all sales in the register at the time of sale.
- Keep work area neat, clean, and organized.
- Operate cash register and other store equipment.
- Prepare cashier checkout and report accurately and according to
- Fueling customer cars, checking engine fluids, and washing
customer windows as needed. (Required in Oregon; as needed in other
areas for handicapped customers)
- Other duties as assigned.
High school education or equivalent experience. Food handler card
required. Must be of legal age to sell alcohol. Must have 3 months
Assistant Manager or equivalent experience and completion of
prescribed company training programs. Must have valid drivers
license and reliable transportation. Strong attention to detail.
Being self-motivated and having strong attention to detail are
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently
required to stand, walk, bend, and twist; use hands and fingers to
handle or feel objects and controls; reach with hands and arms;
climb or balance; stoop, kneel, or crouch; and talk and hear. Must
frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift
and/or move up to 65 pounds. Environmental conditions include heat,
cold, allergen, noise, and fume/chemical/odor exposure from
gasoline and cleaning chemicals.
Keywords: Jacksons Food Stores, Inc., Idaho Falls , Store Manager 1, Executive , Idaho Falls, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!