Student Nurse - Med/Oncology
Company: Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center
Location: Idaho Falls
Posted on: December 4, 2019
SHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends)
Student Nurse Apprentice
The largest medical facility in the region, Eastern Idaho Regional
Medical Center (EIRMC) is a modern, Joint Commission-accredited,
330-bed full-service hospital located in Idaho Falls. Idaho Falls
offers a rich variety of outdoor activities with Grand Teton
National Park, Yellowstone National Park, Jackson, WY and Sun
Valley all within a short drive from our hospital.
NOTE: An assessment (that takes about 20 minutes to complete) will
be automatically sent to you when you have applied for this
position (unless you have completed it when applying for a previous
similar type position). Please look for it in your email and
complete immediately as to not impede the processing of your
Unit Assignment: Medical/Oncology - 5th Floor
* This Student Nurse Apprentice is responsible for providing basic
nursing care, communicating and reporting essential information to
the Registered Nurse.
* This position may perform all functions approved by the Board of
Nursing for unlicensed assistive personnel as set forth in the
rules of the Board of Nursing for the State of Idaho.
* Responsible for performing activities of daily living, which
includes baths, peri-care and oral care.
* Assists with toileting needs.
* Obtains and records vital signs, weights, I&Os, pulse
oximetry, and blood glucoses, reporting results outside defined
parameters to licensed nurses in a timely manner.
In addition, the Student Nurse Apprentice, under the direction of a
Registered Nurse may:
* Provide hemovac care.
* Catheterize patients using straight catheter.
* Check for circulation, sensation and movement.
* Change non-sterile/sterile dressings
* May apply ostomy appliances.
* May discontinue peripheral IV catheter.
* Provide urinary drainage foley catheter care.
* May remove sutures, staples under direct supervision of RN.
* May suction oral, nasal, pharyngeal passages; no tracheal
* May administer gastrostomy feedings through an established
* May document interventions and patient's response to care
* May assess Homan's sign under direct supervision of RN.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including
competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth
opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do
excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical,
dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement,
employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and
student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
* Certificate from the State Board of Nursing to practice as a
* CPR/BCLS is required on hire.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please
contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Keywords: Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center, Idaho Falls , Student Nurse - Med/Oncology, Healthcare , Idaho Falls, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!