Company: Mountain View Hospital Llc
Location: Idaho Falls
Posted on: January 7, 2021
CERTIFIED MEDICAL ASSISTANT Responsible for assisting physician
with patient care, clerical and clinical. Convey a positive image
of the clinic. Collect, process routine testing, and returning
results back to doctor. Provide good customer service on the phone,
patients, doctors and other medical staff. Work well under pressure
and prioritize. Perform CLIA waived moderate testing. Patient
referrals, pulling charts, filing, cleaning/wrapping instruments,
stocking rooms, reconcile labs, rooming patients taking vitals and
history. Healthy connection referrals/eligibility, collection
calls, prior authorizations, checking patients in/out at the front
desk collecting pertinent information. Collecting and processing
payments, scanning and discharging, answering phones, posting
charges, some coding/billing, medical records, blood draws and
- Fulfills patient care responsibilities as assigned which may
include: checking schedules and organizing patient flow;
accompanying patients to exam/procedure room; assisting patients as
needed with walking, transfers, collecting specimens, preparing for
exam, etc.; collecting patient history; performing screenings per
provider guidelines; assisting physician with various procedures;
charting; relaying instructions to patients; answering calls and
providing pertinent information.
- Proficiency in collecting correct blood samples and other body
fluids, ensuring proper patient identification and labeling of
- Follows hospital policies and procedures for transporting and
delivering samples to laboratory. Knowledge of handling laboratory
supplies and stocks supplies.
- Ensure that patients receive appropriate competent and quality
clinical care and that customer service meets patients
- Adherence by staff to all policy and procedures.
- Provides age appropriate care.
- Reporting monitoring and management of patient and staff
- Monitoring and management of patient and physician satisfaction
- Follows standards precautions using personal protective
equipment as required. Knowledge and performance of sterile
- Proficient in clerical responsibilities including:
sending/receiving patient medical records; obtaining lab/x-ray
reports, hospital notes, referral information, etc.; completing
forms/requisitions as needed; scheduling appointments; verifying
insurance coverage and patient demographics; managing and charts to
ensure information completed and filed appropriately.
- Performs facility responsibilities as assigned which may
include: setting up instruments and equipment according to
department protocol; cleaning exam/procedure rooms, instruments and
equipment between patient visits to maintain infection
- May perform special tests such as clotting times, bleeding
times, and glucose tolerance tests and report results to other lab
- Maintains Point of Care documents and performs Quality Control
- Orients and mentors new staff members. Shows good customer
service on phone and in person to anyone that enters the
- Performs miscellaneous tasks that promote smooth operations or
other duties as deemed necessary.LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSEThe LPN
provide direct and indirect patient care in the clinic setting.
He/she communicates with providers/nurse manager/co-workers as
appropriate, about changes in patient's clinical condition
including results of diagnostic evaluation and changes in patient
condition or symptomatology. The nurse will be able to respond
quickly and accurately to changes in condition or response to
treatment, and avail his or herself of all training, skills and
ability commonly developed through attainment of licensure in their
field. The nurse may also have inventory/ordering responsibilities
in addition to clinical responsibilities, and will expected to
cross train in additional areas of clinic responsibilities
including laboratory rapid assays, reception and radiographic
- Work under direct supervision of MD, PA-C or NP to provide
excellent patient care to all clients that come to Urgent
- Is able to perform a head-to-toe assessment on all patients and
performs reassessments as per policy. This includes: pediatric,
geriatric, the general patient population, and EMTALA appropriate
medical screening exams.
- Adequately assesses and reassesses pain. Utilizes appropriate
pain management techniques. Educates the patient and family
regarding pain management.
- Revises plan of care as indicated by the patient's response to
- Performs waived testing (point-of-care testing) per clinical
laboratory's and the patient care unit's policies and procedures as
needed when the lab tech is unavailable and performs tests in a
- Is able to interpret results of waived tests accurately, taking
appropriate action on waived tests' results.
- Performs patient care responsibilities considering needs
specific to the standard of care for patient's age.
- Is knowledgeable of medications and their correct
administration based on age of the patient and their clinical
- Follows the five medication rights and reduces the potential
for medication errors.
- Formulates a teaching plan based on identified patient learning
needs and evaluates effectiveness of learning, family is included
in teaching as appropriate.
- Capably assists providers with procedures and performs services
requiring technical and manual skills.
- Is able to perform treatments and provide services to level of
- Treats patients and their families with respect and dignity.
Identifies and addresses psychosocial, cultural, ethnic and
religious/spiritual needs of patients and their families. Functions
as a liaison between administration, patients, physicians and other
- Interacts professionally with patient/family and involves
patient/family in the formation of the plan of care.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and
development over the life span and the skills necessary to provide
age appropriate care to the patient population served. Able to
interpret data about the patient's status in order to identify each
patient's age specific needs and provide care needed by the patient
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that
optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of
medical/health care errors.
- Consults other departments as appropriate for an
interdisciplinary approach to the patient's needs.
- Communicates appropriately and clearly to nurse manager,
co-workers and physicians.
- Maintains a good working relationship both within the
department and with other departments.
- Identifies and addresses psychosocial needs of patients and
family; communicates with Social Service regarding both in-hospital
and post-discharge needs.
- Acts as a resource for other less experienced nursing staff to
include additional staff educational duties as assigned.
- Completes assigned supervisory duties as directed.
- Documentation meets current standards and policies.
- Manages and operates equipment safely and correctly.
- Coordinates and supervises patient care as necessary by
overseeing ancillary staff to ensure excellent care and
- Is flexible, organized and functions under stressful
- Completes annual education requirements.
- Maintains regulatory requirements.
- Maintains patient confidentiality at all times. Reports to work
on time and as scheduled, completes work within designated
- Wears identification while on duty, uses computerized punch
time system correctly.
- Completes in-services and returns in a timely fashion.
- Attends annual review and department in-services, as
- Attends at least 75% of staff meetings annually.
- Represents the organization in a positive and professional
- Actively participates in performance improvement and continuous
quality improvement (CQI) activities.
- Complies with all organizational policies regarding ethical
- Flexible in scheduling, work weekends and holidays and work
overtime when needed.
- Maintain flexibility in a growing environment and be willing to
grow, change and accept new duties as the scope of urgent care
changes with the needs of the community and hospital.CERTIFIED
MEDICAL ASSISTANTEducation/Certification: Graduation from an
accredited Health Sciences program or higher. Current BLS,
PALS/ACLS, Certification. Valid drivers license. Valid CMA
certificate/license. Drug screen/breath alcohol
certified.Experience: CMA course, Phlebotomy course and phlebotomy
experience.Equipment/Technology: Basic computer and typing skills.
Operate vital sign monitoring devices and manual BP
equipment.Language/Communication: The ability to read and
communicate effectively in English. Bilingual is a plus. Must
understand medical terminology.Mathematical Skills: General Math
skills.Mental Capabilities: Can frequently and consistently make
sound judgments. Must be organized, multi-tasker, and a critical
thinker.Interpersonal: Good communication skills, and ability to
work well with others. Team player and flexible.Performance: Can
work well under pressure and meet multiple and competing deadlines.
Good customer service skills. Can recognize and understand the
complexity and reflex-testing of laboratory complexity. Carry out
necessary duties and responsibilities as described below.LICENSED
PRACTICAL NURSEEducation/Certifications: Current, unencumbered LPN
Idaho license with associated IV therapy certification and drug
administration certification within 60 days of hire, along with
BLS/ACLS/PALS certifications as above. The LPN may substitute PEARS
instead of PALS.Experience: 6 months required experience, 2-5 yrs
clinical experience preferredEquipment/Technology: Basic computer
knowledge.Mathematical Skills: Must be able to accurately calculate
drug dosing and drip rates for IV therapy.Mental Capabilities: Can
concentrate for long periods of time in order to complete assigned
tasks with a better than average attention span in order to listen,
read and remember verbal and written instructions. Can understand
input from the supervisor and/or manager concerning errors and
instructions.Interpersonal: Ability to work well with
others.Performance: Must be able to handle conflict issues with
both patients and staff.
Keywords: Mountain View Hospital Llc, Idaho Falls , URGENT CARE-CMA/LPN, Healthcare , Idaho Falls, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!