Hospice Registered Nurse
Company: Teleios Collaborative Network
Location: Idaho Falls
Posted on: June 20, 2022
POSITION SUMMARY: The Registered Nurse is responsible for the
holistic nursing care of the patient. As a member of the
interdisciplinary team, the RN identifies patient/family needs for
services from other hospice disciplines and contract services and
makes appropriate referrals. RELATIONSHIPS:Maintains excellent
relationships with all primary constituencies - patient and
families, employees, hospice members, and the communities we serve.
Interacts with other hospice disciplines in a positive manner to
provide the highest quality patient care. Reports to the Patient
Services Director. ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assesses and provides skilled nursing care, including
treatments prescribed by physician, to the patient in the home,
assisted living and/or skilled nursing facility, with a focus on
pain control and symptom management. Admits patients to hospice,
giving particular attention to informing the patient and family
regarding the Medicare Hospice Benefit, Advanced Directives and the
POST (Physician Orders for Scope of Treatment) forms. Charts
utilizing the designated computer software system according to the
Plan of Care.
- Completes charting and admission paperwork according to
Medicare/Medicaid and Hospice timelines.
- On an ongoing basis, assesses and evaluates patient/family
needs and revises the plan of care according to the need's
- Provides education and instruction to the patient/family
regarding care and symptom management related to the terminal
- Provides emotional support to the patient/family during the
dying and grieving process. Makes appropriate referrals for
assistance to social support services.
- Assists with the coping of the patient/family through
anticipatory explanation of events throughout the disease
- Assists the Patient Services Director and other team members in
comprehensive care conferences as needed.
- Assists in the development of the IDT plan of care by actively
participating in team meetings and patient care conferences.
- Maintains close communication with the Patient Services
Director and other members of Nursing services.
- Maintains close communication with the patient's physician
reporting all significant changes in patient's status and
collaborates with the physician to develop treatment protocols,
which are consistent with Hospice palliative care guidelines.
- Documents that care was provided in an appropriate and timely
manner. Updates medication records and Plan of Care as changes
- Supervises CNAs/LPNs or other paraprofessionals providing care
to the patient/family.
- Assists with assigned admissions, staff and community education
and other duties assigned by the Patient Services Director.
- Works non-judgmentally with patients and families of many
cultural, religious and socio- economic backgrounds and various
- Participates in maintaining 24-hour 7 day a week patient care
coverage by scheduled evening/night and weekend call.
- Maintains professional and educational knowledge base by
participation in staff training, educational programs and
conferences and journal reviews.
- Remains active on assigned committee, interdisciplinary group
meetings and staff meetings.
- Adheres to the organization's Standard of Conduct and all other
policies and procedures. Reports any potential misconduct or
violation of the organization's Standards of Conduct of federal or
state laws and regulations. Required Knowledge, Skills, and
- Knowledge of and sensitivity to the dynamics of death, dying,
- Commitment to the hospice philosophy of care.
- Current State driver's license and mechanism for
- Effective and timely verbal, nonverbal, and written
- Ability to supervise paraprofessionals - CNA's and LPN's.
- Ability to communicate and work collaboratively with patients,
families, staff, and physicians.
- Ability to teach and educate patients and families.
- Effective clinical assessment skills.
- Knowledge of quality improvement implementation.
- Knowledge of hospice regulations and procedures.
- Knowledge of care plans and patient/family assessments.
- Strong clinical knowledge of pain and symptom management for
- Ability to plan, schedule, coordinate and evaluate
- A desire for continued personal and professional growth and
- Utilizes proper body mechanics while performing all physical
care. Ability to lift fifty (50) pounds.
- Physical and emotional health necessary for the accomplishment
of the job.
- Computer literacy sufficient to chart and submit reports
utilizing designated hospice computerized software.
Keywords: Teleios Collaborative Network, Idaho Falls , Hospice Registered Nurse, Healthcare , Idaho Falls, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!