Full-Time Orthopedic Surgeon Physician - Relocation Allowance Available
Company: Ogden Clinic
Location: Idaho Falls
Posted on: January 17, 2023
- Provide professional and courteous service to all "customers"
of Ogden Clinic. Customers include all Ogden Clinic patients,
affiliates, providers, administration, employees, co-workers,
insurance company representatives, and all other vendor
- Meet behavioral expectations and support the dignity of all
persons. Also, responsible for the stewardship of resources.
- Ensure applicable regulatory requirements are complied with and
follow guidelines that maintain safety for oneself, patients,
visitors, and co-workers.
- Study, understand, and adhere to all Clinic Policies and
Procedures and OSHA guidelines. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Prescribe or administer treatment, therapy, medication,
vaccination, and other specialized medical care to treat or prevent
illness, disease, or injury in specific area of practice.
- Order, perform, and interpret tests and analyze records,
reports, and examination information to diagnose patient
- Monitor patient conditions and progress, and re-evaluate
treatments as necessary.
- Explain procedures and discuss test results or prescribed
treatments with patients.
- Advise patients and community members concerning diet,
activity, hygiene, and disease prevention.
- Refer patients to medical specialists or other practitioners
- Coordinate work with nurses, social workers, rehabilitation
therapists, pharmacists, psychologists, and other healthcare
- Direct and coordinate activities of nurses, students,
assistants, specialists, therapists, and other medical staff.
- Plan, implement, or administer health programs or standards in
the Clinic and the community for prevention or treatment of injury
- Train residents, medical students, and other healthcare
- Remain up-to-date technically and apply new knowledge in
- Provide guidance and expert advice to management or other
groups on technical, systems-, or process-related topics.
- Interpret medical reports and records then communicate
information to patients at an appropriate level of medical
- Participate in health promotion, disease prevention, health
maintenance, counseling, patient education, diagnosis, and
treatment of acute and chronic illnesses.
- Provide patient advocacy in the healthcare system to accomplish
cost-effective care by coordination of healthcare service.
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to recognize and
provide age-specific care in the treatment, assessment, and
education of adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients.
- Promote good health and prevent illness in specified area of
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal and professional
requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing
adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending
educational workshops, reviewing professional publications,
establishing personal networks, and participating in professional
- Develop healthcare team staff by providing information,
educational opportunities, and experiential growth opportunities.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related tasks as
- Maintain confidentiality of patient records and
employee/co-worker information. QUALIFICATIONS:
- EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Graduate of an accredited MD/DO program
and current license to practice in Utah.
- LANGUAGE SKILLS: Proficient in reading and interpreting
documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance
instructions, medical history notes, and procedure manuals. Able to
write routine reports and correspondence as well as speak
effectively before groups of customers or employees.
- Mathematical skills: Able to add, subtract, multiply, and
divide simple equations.
- Reasoning skills: Able to apply common sense understanding to
carry out instructions in written, oral, or diagram form. Also able
to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in
- Effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously with frequent
- Computer knowledge with experience in basic word processing and
spreadsheet programs required.
- General office equipment and procedure knowledge helpful.
- Must maintain a positive "can-do" attitude.
- Must effectively participate as a team member with the
department and its practices.
- Must protect confidential information, records, and/or
- Must communicate effectively in a professional and courteous
- Must have good organizational skills. ENVIRONMENTAL
- Requires frequent talking, hearing, standing, sitting, and
- Requires frequent use of hand and/or fingers.
- Requires occasional kneeling, stooping, crouching, and
- Requires ability to lift and transport patients.
- Visual requirements include ability to adjust focus.
- Must possess all physical abilities necessary to perform the
- Noise level is moderate with constant conversations, computers,
printers, telephones, etc. DISCLAIMER CLAUSE: The foregoing
description is not intended and should not be construed to be an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or
working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an
accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the
Keywords: Ogden Clinic, Idaho Falls , Full-Time Orthopedic Surgeon Physician - Relocation Allowance Available, Healthcare , Idaho Falls, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!