Company: HCA Healthcare
Location: Idaho Falls
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Description IntroductionAre you looking for a work environment
where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application for
our Radiation Therapist opening with Eastern Idaho Regional Medical
Center today and find out what it truly means to be a part of the
HCA Healthcare team.BenefitsEastern Idaho Regional Medical Center,
offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life,
career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location.
We are seeking a(an) Radiation Therapist for our team to ensure
that we continue to provide all patients with high quality,
efficient care. Did you get into our industry for these reasons? We
are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are
seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as
meaningful as we do. We want you to apply!Job Summary and
QualificationsAs a Radiation Therapist at our facility you will be
joining a team that strives to provide the very best patient care
and compassionate customer service to every person they interact
with. They also support one another and make it their motto to
"care like family". In this role:
- You will participate in the development of optimal treatment
strategies using your expertise in the technical aspects of
radiation oncology to include simulation and treatment
- You will assess patients and recognize changes in their
- You will educate patients on radiation side effects and the
management of these side effects.
- You will document treatment parameters and maintain accurate
Electronic Medical Records associated with the radiation therapy
- You will evaluate, critique, and recommend changes to the
radiation therapy process as necessary.
- You will participate in patient simulation and fabrication of
immobilization devices and treatment accessories on an emergency
on-call basis as well as clinical rotations.
- You will perform simulations on HDR patients as well as assist
in catheter measuring, documentation, and hookup and assist nurses
with post HDR patient care as needed.
What qualifications you will need:
- Must have an ARRT license and obtain a Radiation Therapy
credential within 3 months from hire date.
- Education and experience required to obtain ARRT licensure in
- One year experience as a Certified Radiation Therapist in a
physician's office or hospital setting preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of radiation oncology patient
- Ability to keep neat, accurate records.
- Ability to follow physician's orders.
- Effective interpersonal and patient contact skills.
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life
Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and Certification.
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on
local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical
or religious exemption is approved).Eastern Idaho Regional Medical
Center (EIRMC) is a full-service hospital with 318+ patient beds.
Our hospital is the largest medical facility in the region. We
serve southeast Idaho, western Wyoming, Yellowstone National Park,
and parts of Montana. Our facility has an ER, a Level II Trauma
Center, a Level 1 ICU (one of two in Idaho), and the only Burn
Center in the state of Idaho. We have the region's only Pediatric
Intensive Care Unit for critically ill children. Our 74-bed
Behavioral Health Center offers inpatient and outpatient mental
health care for adolescents and adults.
We are part of the HCA Healthcare network - which includes more
than 300 affiliate facilities across the country - offering our
colleagues the opportunity for travel and relocation. HCA
Healthcare and EIRMC are all about caring for people. This care
extends to patients, families, and colleagues.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most
Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times.
In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in
cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and
other uncompensated expenses.
"Across HCA Healthcare's more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses
and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a
healthier tomorrow."- Jane Englebright, PhD, RN CENP, FAAN
Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Executive If you find this
opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply for our Radiation
Therapist opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly
qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our
team. We are interviewing apply today!We are an equal opportunity
employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate
on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender,
sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Idaho Falls , Radiation Therapist, Healthcare , Idaho Falls, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!