CNA - Step Down Unit
Company: Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center
Location: Idaho Falls
Posted on: October 11, 2019
Description SHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends)
CNA - Certified Nursing AssistantProgressive Care UnitFull Time
The largest medical facility in the region, Eastern Idaho Regional
Medical Center (EIRMC) is a modern, Joint Commission-accredited,
330-bed full-service hospital located in Idaho Falls. Idaho Falls
offers a rich variety of outdoor activities with Grand Teton
National Park, Yellowstone National Park, Jackson, WY and Sun
Valley all within a short drive from our hospital.
Job Type:-- Full Time
Unit Assignment:-- Progressive Care Unit (also known as Cardiac
Unit or Step Down Unit)
NOTE:-- An assessment (that takes about 20 minutes to complete)
will be automatically sent to you when you have applied for this
position (unless you have completed it when applying for a previous
similar type position).-- Please look for it in your email and
complete immediately as to not impede the processing of your
The Certified Nursing Assistant works under the supervision of a
nurse. The Certified Nursing Assistant performs various patient
care activities necessary in caring for the personal needs and
comfort of patients.-- The position's tasks and responsibilities
- Bathes, dresses/undresses patients, and assists with other
personal hygiene needs
- Serves and collects food trays.-- Assists with patient
- Transports, positions,--and drapes patients for exams and
- Assists patients in ambulating.
- Takes and records vital signs, weights, and I & O.
- Performs non sterile dressing changes.
- Passes and collects bed pans.
- Changes bed linens.
- Provides encouragement, support, and comfort to patients and
- Monitors, records, and communicates patient condition as
appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.--
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective
equipment as requiredBENEFITS:
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including
competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth
opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do
excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical,
dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement,
employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and
student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Qualifications EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Successful completion of a Nursing Assistant training
- Certification as a Nurse Assistant (required)
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care
- Working knowledge of medical terminology (preferred)
HCA Healthcare is a collaborative healthcare network, driven by
physicians, nurses and colleagues helping each other champion the
practice of medicine to give people a healthier tomorrow. With a
comprehensive network of more than 270,000 people across
approximately 1,800 care facilities, our scale enables us to
deliver great outcomes for our patients, provide superior nursing
care and be a preferred place for physicians to practice medicine.
We never stop in our pursuit of insights and care advances based on
the knowledge and data we gain from approximately 30 million
patient encounters a year. Every day, we raise the bar to improve
the way healthcare is delivered, not just in our facilities, but
everywhere. We---re committed to improving more lives in more ways,
and above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of
Keywords: Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center, Idaho Falls , CNA - Step Down Unit, Healthcare , Idaho Falls, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!