Retail Sales Consultant
Company: KeHE Distributors
Location: Idaho Falls
Posted on: September 2, 2020
Overview:Good people, working with good people, for our common
KeHE-a natural, organic, specialty and fresh food distributor-is
all about "good" and is growing, so there's never been a more
exciting time to join our team. If you're enthusiastic about
working in an environment with a people-first culture and an
organization committed to good living, good food and good service,
we'd love to talk to you!Primary Responsibilities:The Retail Sales
Consultant is responsible for all aspects of executing the
day-to-day relationship with the stores in an assigned territory.
The success and compensation for the position will be based upon
the Retail Sales Consultant's ability to grow sales in each store,
increase the number of displays in each store, increase order size,
and maintain excellent relationships with all store management and
- Present, sell, and execute all promotional activity to maximize
sales and achieve minimal residual quantities. Assist in planning
and executing all display programs as designated and developed by
the customer both at store level and corporate headquarter
- Educate the customer on what their store needs are based on the
trends and persuade the customer to cut in new items, sections, and
incremental display of products based on what has been taught to
- Responsible for the accurate assessment of inventory needed in
the store and writing an accurate and timely order(s) for the
- Partner and collaborate with all levels of store management;
review and approve all orders placed within the store. Assess
customer needs and suggest appropriate products.
- Promote and sell the organization's products and services
within an assigned geographic area, product range, or list of
customer accounts to meet or exceed sales targets.
- Identify lost sales opportunities (i.e. item voids, missing
shelf tags, out of stocks at store-level, planogram integrity).
Partner with store personnel to ensure all items are cut in and
tagged, all items are being ordered .
- Respond to customer inquiries.
- Identify, research, and contact customers building positive
relationships that will generate future sales and repeat
- Refer sales leads, customer feedback, and information on
competitor activity to appropriate contacts within the organization
so that they can respond to changing market conditions and customer
- Demonstrate fiscal responsibility and accountability for all
business in assigned territory.
- Work with store level personnel on details of all promotional
events including products to be demonstrated, quantities needed,
locations, product education and proper execution.
- Monitor activities with new store sets and resets/remodels
including reviewing item file and communicating authorization
issues. Monitor all set work for accuracy and on time
- Present and complete all store level surveys as needed by the
customer, manufacturer, regional and corporate offices.
- Provide ongoing product education and expertise to the both the
consumer and store level personnel regarding specialty, natural,
and fresh items/brands we represent. Coordinate and present
educational seminars to the store level personnel as approved by
the Account Manager to support new item introductions, trends,
holiday events, ethnic cuisine, etc.
- Complete special assignments and tasks identified by either the
customer or KeHE.
Minimum Requirements, Qualifications, Additional Skills,
- High School Diploma required; Bachelor' degree preferred.
- Valid driver' license & clean MVR required.
- Minimum 3-5 years' experience in sales of grocery products to
- Microsoft Office experience required, including Excel,
PowerPoint, and Word.
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours, including some
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 75%.
- Demonstrated strength in oral and written communications with
people at all organizational levels.
- Demonstrated proficiency in conducting effective meetings and
making clear and concise presentations
Qualifications / Additional Skills / Aptitude:
- Strong negotiating, communication and organizational skills as
well as interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interact with a diverse group of individuals and
contribute to a collaborative work environment - must be a team
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage a variety of tasks
simultaneously, focusing on those with the highest business impact,
including anticipating problems and taking appropriate preventive
action to avoid crises whenever possible.
- Seek continued product knowledge to become a specialty product
"expert";. Must be motivated to achieve personal development.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. The employee is frequently required to sit and
drive. The Representative is frequently required to stand, and
walk. Must be able to travel up to 75% of the time. While
performing the duties of this position, the Representative is
subject to both a typical office / store environment and all
outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work
environments is low to high. Follow and abide by all KeHE Safety
work rules and policies and procedures. Including but not limited
to working safely, being aware of your surroundings and reporting
any unsafe or potentially unsafe working conditions.
Keywords: KeHE Distributors, Idaho Falls , Retail Sales Consultant, Hospitality & Tourism , Idaho Falls, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!