Company: Town Pump
Location: Idaho Falls
Posted on: March 12, 2019
Hotel Housekeeper/Room Attendant Job Description Summary Date: October 1, 2016 Dept./Division: Hotel Operations Position Title: Housekeeper Reports To: Head Housekeeper Loc. Number: Various Supervisor Title: Head Housekeeper Location/Fl: Field Classification: Employment Status: Full-Time/Part-Time Exempt: Pay Rate: Hourly Non-Exempt: X Basic Statement of Functions Summary: Performs duties in cleaning and servicing of guest rooms, baths, and common areas under the close supervision of the Head Housekeeper. Responsible for upholding the company's cleanliness standards of all guest rooms and common areas located in the hotel. At the Town Pump Hotel Group we are committed to providing genuine hospitality from genuine people who are committed to providing comfort and service. This means we need team members that demonstrate the following service behaviors: Make a connection with our guests and show them how important they are to us by taking time to acknowledge them in a friendly way. Be helpful to our guests by being familiar with the hotel and the services offered as well as the local area. Take ownership and play your part to get things done to make things easier for guests and your co-workers. Job Specifications (Qualifications) EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in housekeeping a plus. LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Able to read, write and speak some English. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide. Must be able to perform basic math computations at 8th grade level. COMPUTER SKILLS: None. FMN508.doc 2 REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: None OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES: Ability to work a varied number of hours per week on a rotating basis. Ability to understand the enormous part they play in making the total hotel operable. Must be mature, neat in appearance, courteous, friendly, and outgoing; and know what to do or say in dealing with people. Must be in good health, able to smile and always be pleasant. Must be in uniform at all times while on duty. Ability to operate a vacuum cleaner, and report malfunctions as they occur. Must be able to learn and comprehend all company policies pertaining to position and employment. Ability to communicate verbally and in writing. Ability to see problem areas arise in individual rooms and be able to communicate these problems to the housekeeper either verbally or in writing. Must possess a sense of discretion and confidentiality. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Fill out appropriate forms and turns in any article(s) left by guest(s), to the head housekeeper.
- Strip bedding and counts linen in the room, then makes beds neatly with fresh sheets and pillowcases.
- Pick up debris from the floor and empties trash in wastebaskets.
- Clean mirrors and shelves, wipes doors, door frames and furniture. Dusts all surfaces, arranges furniture properly and vacuum carpet.
- Sanitize bathrooms, scrubs basins, tubs, toilets, and tile floor with appropriate chemical solution in accordance with company policy, using protective equipment.
- Replenish room supplies in proper quantity and locations.
- Report to Head Housekeeper, all rooms that are vacant and clean and rooms that are occupied and have been cleaned.
- Report to the Head Housekeeper any needed repairs to furniture and fixtures. Report all deficiencies in operation of heating and cooling systems, televisions, and replaces light bulbs as needed.
- Check heating and cooling system as appropriate for the time of year, televisions, alarm clocks and all lights in all areas of the bathroom and guest room.
- Will be required to perform deep cleaning projects as assigned.
- Clean and maintains personal workstation by properly stocking it with sheets, towels, amenities, etc.
- Offer guests assistance whenever possible.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Head Housekeeper FMN508.doc 3 PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Ability to lift 30 lb. regularly and 50 lb. occasionally. Ability to walk, stoop, bend, kneel, walk, carry, lift, climb, and have manual dexterity. ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Ability to work in an open office environment with frequent background noise. Ability to work in an atmosphere that is demanding, hot, and physical. Ability to work in an open environment with frequent interruptions and customer interaction. Ability to tolerate cleaning solutions on a regular basis. Disclaimer: The list of requirements, duties, and responsibilities is not exhaustive but is merely the most accurate list for the current job. Management reserves the right to revise the job description and to require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change (for example, emergencies, changes in personnel, workload or technical development). Prepared by: __________________________________________ Date: ____________ Supervisor reviewed: ___________________________________ Date: ____________ Final Review for File: __________________________________ Date: ____________
Keywords: Town Pump, Idaho Falls , HOTEL HOUSEKEEPER, Hospitality & Tourism , Idaho Falls, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!