IT Project Manager
Company: Battelle Energy Alliance
Location: Idaho Falls
Posted on: January 12, 2021
Description--Does a career focused on changing the world's
energy future intrigue you? If so, we might have just the
opportunity you're looking for!
Idaho National Laboratory's (INL) Information Management group is
seeking forward-thinking, professionals interested in exploring a
technical career as a IT Project Manager (ITPM)!
Function as an ITPM for information technology projects that will
enable capabilities across Idaho National Lab. The ITPM will lead
the execution and management of diverse IT projects that span
multi-disciplinary teams. Train and mentor junior level project
managers and business analysts in industry standards and
- Leading projects from conception through implementation and
closeout by using project management skills, knowledge, and
- Leading and participating within multidisciplinary teams on
Information Management projects in support of laboratory functions
and business processes.
- Serving as the primary contact with customers and business
partners throughout the life cycle of the project from conceptual
initiation through closeout.
- Collaborating with a wide variety of audiences including senior
& executive level management, front line employees, and
- Elicit, gather, supervise, and document business and technical
- Create, track, and supervise project schedules, budgets, and
create vital project documentation such as Work Breakdown
Structures, Project Plans, Risk Registers, etc.
- Build relationships and act as a liaison with key partners and
customers external to Information Management (IM)
- Implement sound project management methodologies and best
industry practices. Identify and implement process improvements to
refine project management process.
- Work independently with limited direction and day to day
- Lead projects in multiple methodologies (agile, waterfall,
- Fill multiple project roles as needed (e.g. Business Analyst,
Customer Relationship Manager, Project Controls, Scheduler)
Accountabilities to the IT Professional Services Manager for:
- Execution of assigned responsibilities.
- Compliance within laboratory policies, standards, and
- Taking necessary actions to ensure safety, compliance and
security within work environment.
- Ensuring all automation of processes at the INL for compliance
to architecture and standards; and ensuring processes are optimized
prior to automation.
- Providing input on performance reviews.
- Taking needed action to ensure safe, secure, cost-effective,
efficient, compliant, proactive, and cordial conduct of
- Mentor junior staff
PR0300: Bachelors degree plus 6 years' of relevant experience- an
advanced degree with 4 years' relevant experience -14 years of
directly related experience/education in lieu of a Bachelors
PR0400: Bachelors degree and 9 years' of applicable experience or
advanced degree paired with 7 years' experience AND a PMP.
- Ability to be a strong teammate and effectively coordinate
action items and teamwork across the Information Management Teams
and INL. Interpersonal skills are critical.
- Six (6) or more years of working in the IT (Information
Technology) or IM (Information Management) arenas with relevant
skills and experience.
- Experience and expertise managing projects in an agile
- Extensive experience interacting with internal customers and
partners and from an executive level down to front line
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience functioning as a Business Analyst required.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification (for
PR0300) and/or PMI-ACP.
- Demonstrated organizational skills based on defined processes
(e.g., project management, development of charters / instructions /
procedures and associated training).
- Experience with Work Breakdown Structures, Cost performance
analysis and reporting.
- Comfortable and skilled in Microsoft Project or other project
- Salary Grade: 210
- Multi-Level: This is a multi-level posting and the selected
candidate will be placed at the appropriate level dependent on
depth and breadth of proven experience and skills
INL is a science-based, applied engineering national laboratory
dedicated to supporting the U.S. Department of Energy's mission in
nuclear energy research, science, and national defense. With more
than 5,000 scientists, researchers, and support staff, the
laboratory works with national and international governments,
universities and industry partners to discover new science and
development technologies that underpin the nation's nuclear and
renewable energy, national security, and environmental
Our mission is to discover, demonstrate and secure innovative
nuclear energy solutions, other clean energy options and critical
Our vision is to change the world's energy future and secure our
nation's critical infrastructure.
Selective Service Requirements:
To be eligible for employment at INL males born after December 31,
1959 must have registered with the Selective Service System (SSS).
For more information see www.sss.gov.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Idaho National Laboratory (INL) is an Equal Employment Opportunity
(EEO) employer. It is the policy of INL to provide equal employment
opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic
information. Women and People of Color are strongly encouraged to
When applying to positions please provide a resume and answer all
questions on the following screens. Applicants, who fail to provide
a resume or answer the questions, may be deemed ineligible for
Benefits, Salary, and Relocation:
We have an extremely competitive salary structure, robust
relocation package, and phenomenal benefits. For more information,
please visit: .
--Primary Location:--US-ID-Idaho FallsJob:--Computer Information
Posting:--Jan 8, 2021, 11:16:47 PMUnposting Date:--Feb 9, 2021,
Keywords: Battelle Energy Alliance, Idaho Falls , IT Project Manager, IT / Software / Systems , Idaho Falls, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!