Microsoft Azure Cloud Administrator / Engineer
Company: Battelle Energy Alliance
Location: Idaho Falls
Posted on: January 15, 2021
Description-Does a career focused on changing the world's energy
future intrigue you? If so, we might have just the opportunity
you're looking for!
Idaho National Laboratory's (INL) Information Management group is
seeking forward-thinking, professionals interested in exploring a
technical career as a Sr. Cloud Engineer.
This position serves as a senior Microsoft cloud services
administrator, primarily for Azure and Office 365, but may also
include Power BI, SharePoint and other cloud services as
implemented at INL.
- In alignment with organizational goals, perform as cloud
administrator for existing Office 365 and Azure implementations.
Implement, lead, and monitor identity, governance, storage,
compute, and virtual networks in a cloud environment, plus
provision, size, monitor, and adjust resources, when needed.
Provide leadership in migrating information, applications and
services into the cloud.
- Recommend and implement configurations according to INL
Architecture and Security standards.
- Act as SME for implementing, managing, and monitoring INL's
Microsoft Azure environment. Provide design input and analysts on
project achievements; analyzes weaknesses and recommends system
- Configure and lead Office 365 and Azure cloud services, provide
solutions to complex technical challenges, and serve as a liaison
between Microsoft and the Office 365 user base. Lead other team
members as applicable in prioritizing and performing these
- Mentor and coach junior staff in performing configuration and
implementation tasks within applicable work scope.
- Performs work with little to no appreciable direction.
Exercises latitude in setting objectives, within established
organizational goals and guidelines.
- Accountable for compliance with Laboratory policies, standards,
and procedures, completion of work on time, on budget, and in
accordance with expectations, for maintaining professionalism and
expertise, and for identifying improvement opportunities.
- Bachelors & 8 years experience - Masters & 6 years
- Four years hands-on experience administering Azure, along with
a strong understanding of core Azure services, Azure workloads,
security, and governance.
- Strong experience using PowerShell, SQL, Azure CLI, Azure
portal, and Azure Resource Manager templates.
- Experience with containerization technologies.
- Experience with platform as a service (PAAS)
- Ability to work effectively independently as well as within a
- Excellent Interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated strong work ethic and ability and willingness to
take on new challenges.
- Ability to coach and mentor staff in technical work scope.
Knowledge and experience with:
- Office 365 Stream, Flow, Delve, and other emerging Office 365
- Cloud services, including Exchange Online, Teams, Azure AD,
SharePoint, and Power BI.
- Development technologies, including .Net and .Net
- Python, XML, Java, Openstack.
- Salary Grade: 190
INL is a science-based, applied engineering national laboratory
dedicated to supporting the U.S. Department of Energy's mission in
nuclear energy research, science, and national defense. With more
than 5,000 scientists, researchers, and support staff, the
laboratory works with national and international governments,
universities and industry partners to discover new science and
development technologies that underpin the nation's nuclear and
renewable energy, national security, and environmental
Our mission is to discover, demonstrate and secure innovative
nuclear energy solutions, other clean energy options and critical
Our vision is to change the world's energy future and secure our
nation's critical infrastructure.
Selective Service Requirements:
To be eligible for employment at INL males born after December 31,
1959 must have registered with the Selective Service System (SSS).
For more information see www.sss.gov.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Idaho National Laboratory (INL) is an Equal Employment Opportunity
(EEO) employer. It is the policy of INL to provide equal employment
opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic
information. Women and People of Color are strongly encouraged to
When applying to positions please provide a resume and answer all
questions on the following screens. Applicants, who fail to provide
a resume or answer the questions, may be deemed ineligible for
Benefits, Salary, and Relocation:
We have an extremely competitive salary structure, robust
relocation package, and phenomenal benefits. For more information,
please visit: .
-Primary Location:-US-ID-Idaho FallsJob:-Computer Information
(Yxxx)Schedule:-Full-timeEmployee Status:-RegularJob Posting:-Jan
8, 2021, 11:16:01 PMUnposting Date:-Feb 9, 2021, 6:59:00 AM
Keywords: Battelle Energy Alliance, Idaho Falls , Microsoft Azure Cloud Administrator / Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Idaho Falls, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!