ServiceNow Platform Administrator/Solution Developer
Company: Battelle Energy Alliance
Location: Idaho Falls
Posted on: May 3, 2021
DescriptionDoes a career focused on changing the world's energy
future intrigue you? If so, we might have just the opportunity
you're looking for!
Idaho National Laboratory's (INL) Service Management group is
seeking forward-thinking, professionals interested in exploring a
career as a ServiceNow Platform Administrator/Solution Developer
The SN Developer is responsible for working with customers,
business analysts, and IM peers to develop, design and own
technical solutions within the ServiceNow (SN) platform. The SN
Developer will provide administration, application development,
maintenance, and technical support by using best practice
programming techniques to configure robust solutions for customers
utilizing the SN platform.
- Successfully plan, execute, monitor, control, and close all
technical tasks related to configuration and implementation of all
aspects of the SN platform.
- Provide software coding and configuration including, but not
limited to screen tailoring, workflow administration, report setup,
data imports, integration, scripting, third party software
integrations, and scoped application development.
- Update and maintain a comprehensive testing protocol for
ServiceNow instances upgrades with the purpose of certifying all
applications for use after the upgrade completes.
- Coordinate and solve sophisticated technical data and
- Obtain and analyze/interpret business requirements to purpose
sustainable solutions in ServiceNow.
- Answer "how to" technical and application configuration
- Develop, maintain, and execute reports to ensure system
operation meets performance targets.
- Create and maintain system design, operations, architecture,
and governance documentation.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Resolve problem areas within our current framework and
- Develop processes with SN that improve user access and
- Collaborate with project managers and team leads to establish
timelines, specifications, and budget.
- Implement and monitor changes using formal change management
processes ensuring a smooth transition.
- Execute and track work according to Agile methodologies using
the Agile tools in the SN platform.
- Accountable to the IM Service Management Manager/Lead.
- Representing organization in providing solutions to difficult
- Take vital action to ensure a safe and secure work
- Works under general oversight.
- Determines and develops approach to solutions.
- Provide input on performance reviews upon request.
- Exercise judgement in resolving issues.
Level 3 - Bachelor's degree in computer science, IT, computer
information systems, or a similar field plus 5 years' meaningful
experience OR 10 years' relevant experience/education in lieu of a
Level 4 - BS in computer science, information technology, computer
information systems, or similar plus 8 years' meaningful experience
OR 16 years' relevant experience/education in lieu of a bachelors'
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in ITIL life cycle
- Knowledge and experience in federal information security laws,
including NIST and FedRAMP.
- Effectively lead multiple projects concurrently while
maintaining a high level of attention to detail on each
- Adaptable to change and able to work independently and as part
of a team.
- Strong problem analysis skills to include the use of
mathematical concepts to validate results.
- Ability to collect, organize, disseminate, and present
significant amounts of information with an attention to detail and
- Clear and concise communication with superior written and
verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of internal
and external business partners.
- Prioritize work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- The ability to communicate with the business to understand
requirements and present back findings and recommendations in terms
of the potential value to the organization.
- Self-starter with the demonstrable ability to identify
solutions for loosely defined business problems by using pattern
detection over potentially large datasets.
- The ability to communicate with both business and technical
audiences at all levels is crucial.
- College degree
- 3 years of demonstrated experience in ServiceNow development,
configuration, and administration
- Certification in ITIL Foundations 3 or 4
- ServiceNow certifications
- Salary Grade: 220.
- Multi-Level: This is a multi-level posting and the selected
candidate will be placed at the appropriate level dependent on
depth and breadth of demonstrable experience and skills
INL is a science-based, applied engineering national laboratory
dedicated to supporting the U.S. Department of Energy's mission in
nuclear energy research, science, and national defense. With more
than 5,000 scientists, researchers, and support staff, the
laboratory works with national and international governments,
universities and industry partners to discover new science and
development technologies that underpin the nation's nuclear and
renewable energy, national security, and environmental
Our mission is to discover, demonstrate and secure innovative
nuclear energy solutions, other clean energy options and critical
Our vision is to change the world's energy future and secure our
nation's critical infrastructure.
Selective Service Requirements:
To be eligible for employment at INL males born after December 31,
1959 must have registered with the Selective Service System (SSS).
For more information see www.sss.gov.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Idaho National Laboratory (INL) is an Equal Employment Opportunity
(EEO) employer. It is the policy of INL to provide equal employment
opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic
information. Women and People of Color are strongly encouraged to
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided
reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or
interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to
receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact
us to request accommodation.
When applying to positions please provide a resume and answer all
questions on the following screens. Applicants, who fail to provide
a resume or answer the questions, may be deemed ineligible for
Benefits, Salary, and Relocation:
We have an extremely competitive salary structure, robust
relocation package, and phenomenal benefits. For more information,
please visit: .
Primary Location:US-ID-Idaho FallsJob:Computer Information
SystemsSchedule:Full-timeEmployee Status:RegularJob Posting:Feb 18,
2021, 1:11:19 AMUnposting Date:Ongoing
Keywords: Battelle Energy Alliance, Idaho Falls , ServiceNow Platform Administrator/Solution Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Idaho Falls, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!