Project Controls Deputy
Company: North Wind Group
Location: Idaho Falls
Posted on: January 16, 2020
Project Controls Deputy
North Wind Group
Idaho Falls ID
North Wind Group is currently seeking a Project Controls Deputy to
support the Project Controls Director.
Support project controls director with functional
Provide Support to Project Controls Engineers ensuring the team
provides consistent, accurate reporting of projects EVMS
Assist with project transitions of flywheel projects
Assist with the Project Controls University Training Program
Assist with 360 analysis of project and lesson learned
Assist the project managers manage a projects schedule and costs
providing a forward looking analysis - understand the past and
projecting the future.
Assist Project Managers (PMs) and the project team in effectively
and proactively managing projects to ensure project success which
includes all the basic roles and responsibilities of a Project
Perform a broad spectrum of proposal preparation / support across
* Provide support to project controls director with functional
responsibilities of regional project controls engineers and
* Assist with review of projects across regions to ensure reporting
* Assists with ensuring timely reporting of project gain or
* Deploy to job sites as necessary to assist projects with various
needs being part of the Project Controls Tiger Team.
* Lead the 360 analysis of projects, ensuring feedback of cost and
schedule actuals to estimating and business development for
improvement of corporate estimating data
* Develop relevant lesson learned for both profitable and
unprofitable projects and communicate to relevant departments
* Assist with project controls university program development,
monitoring, and updating projects
* Assist in the rollout of the project control system including
initial configuration and contribution to training activities
* Assist with the Identification and recruitment of project
* Assist with the on-boarding, training and mentoring of project
* Manage the required procedure training within the functional
group ensuring completion and accurate training documents are
* Undertake project roles, as required, to include: Take ownership
of the schedule and cost control functions
* Assist Project Managers (PMs) with monitoring and control of
assigned projects including development of project baselines, EVMS
reporting, forward looking analysis and trend/change control
monitoring to ensure project success.This is consistent with the
functional requirements / basic roles and responsibilities of a
Project Controls Engineer.
* Assist with Proposal preparation across all regions including
flywheel projects that include developing proposal Work Breakdown
Structures (WBS), schedules, cost estimates, Basis of Estimate
(BOE), and cost modeling
* Formulate effective communications and reporting requirements
* Interface with standard company business systems (Primavera P6
scheduling, Deltek Costpoint cost accounting system, Deltek Cobra,
NWG Dashboard, etc.).
* Periodic travel in the U.S. to projects and client sites to
confirm project conditions.
- Bachelors Degree in Business Management, Finance or related
- 8 years experience in Project Controls
- Extensive knowledge of Project Controls EVMS processes and
project management software's such as Primavera P6, COBRA and
Deltek Cost Point.
- Experienced in Cost Estimating, including developing detailed
cost estimates and BOEs
- Experience and complete understanding of different contract
types, FFP, FUR, CPFF & T&M.
- Experience with Heavy civil, Commercial, DOD, DOE, CORR of Eng,
Environmental Remediation, and Demolition preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills; work effectively and
cooperatively with all levels of management, staff, and client.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to
effectively present information and respond effectively and
sensitively to questions from client, managers, staff and the
- High degree of sensitivity regarding confidential client and
- Ability to advocate and enforce Company policies, procedures and
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team, and
make decisions, exercise good judgment, work under pressure, work
with minimal supervision and prioritize workload.
- Experience and skills with computer applications, including MS
- Knowledge of financial report systems, controller account codes
and understanding of Controller Instructions which impact Project
Controls (including Project Financial Status Reports and Earned
Revenue Determination Data).
- Ability to obtain security clearance.
North Wind offers a competitive pay and benefits package to include
health, life, and disability insurance benefits, 401(k) with
company match, generous paid leave, and tuition reimbursement for
eligible employees. As a company, we are committed to employee
wellness, professional development, and work-life balance. We value
safety, reliability, and commitment to our people! For more
information about our benefits or hiring philosophy, visit the
North Wind Career Opportunities Page.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The nature of those accommodations will be determined on a
case-by-case basis. If you are an individual with a disability and
require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the
application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to
access or use this online application process and need an
alternative method for applying, you may contact our Helpline
+1.208.528.8718 or use the Request for Reasonable Accommodation
form to get assistance.
North Wind Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer
and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair
and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color,
religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic
data, religion or other legally protected status. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated
against on the basis of disability.
Keywords: North Wind Group, Idaho Falls , Project Controls Deputy, Other , Idaho Falls, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!