Sr. Critical Infrastructure Cyber Protection and Defense Professional
Company: Battelle Energy Alliance
Location: Idaho Falls
Posted on: January 14, 2021
Description--Does a career focused on changing the world's
energy future intrigue you? If so, we might have just the
opportunity you're looking for!
Idaho National Laboratory's (INL) Cyber Resilience group is seeking
a forward-thinking professional interested in exploring a technical
career as a Sr. Critical Infrastructure Cyber Protection and
This Specialist will provide expertise to the Cyber Resilience
program and support the Department of Homeland Security.
- Fill a critical need supporting multiple National and Homeland
Security cybersecurity programs at Idaho National
- Deliver professional advice, expertise, strategic insight, and
other cyber-related consulting services to advance resiliency
solutions for critical infrastructure.
- Apply subject matter expertise to identify, analyze, and
mitigate cybersecurity threats to critical infrastructure systems
- Develops, researches, and applies advanced mitigation,
preparedness, and response and recovery approaches, as needed, to
maximize survival of life, preservation of property, and
- Conducts assessments of threats and vulnerabilities; assesses
the level of risks; and develops and/or recommends appropriate
mitigation countermeasures in operations and nonoperational
situations for critical infrastructure assets and
- Successfully guide the completion of major programs and may
occasionally function in a project leadership role.
- Set and implement high standards for safety, security,
environmental compliance, and mission delivery while overseeing
successful project/program execution.
- Work is performed consistent with INL's standards and
procedures in identifying and mitigating risk (cost, schedule, and
quality) and is executed without appreciable direction.
- Applicant will also be granted considerable latitude in
determining technical objectives for cybersecurity.
- Promote an open and informal communication environment with
both internal and external stakeholders at all levels in order to
develop mutual trust and teamwork.
- Level 4: Bachelor's and 12 years' relevant experience, Master's
and 8 years', PhD and 6 years.
- Level 5: Bachelor's plus 20 years' relevant experience, Masters
plus 12 years,--PhD plus 8 years.
- Acquire and maintain a DOE Q security clearance and special
accesses as required.
- Experience shall include 10 years in designing or applying
completed engineered/technical solutions.
- Preferred degree/training fields are: Information Technology,
Computer Science/Engineering, Control Systems, MBA, or related
- Demonstrated knowledge of the computer systems and systems
engineering process, with emphasis on customer interfaces; mission
and needs assessments; requirements identification and management,
including working knowledge of requirements management tools; and
- Interface effectively with leadership and external
- Work in a secure work environment to include
handling/storing/processing CUI information, and adhere to physical
and electronic protection standards.
- Travel required up to 50%.
- Acquire and maintain Certified Information Systems Security
Professional (CISSP) certification.
- Salary Grade: 220/240
- Multi-Level: This is a multi-level posting and the selected
candidate will be placed at the appropriate level dependent on
depth and breadth of proven experience and skills
INL is a science-based, applied engineering national laboratory
dedicated to supporting the U.S. Department of Energy's mission in
nuclear energy research, science, and national defense. With more
than 5,000 scientists, researchers, and support staff, the
laboratory works with national and international governments,
universities and industry partners to discover new science and
development technologies that underpin the nation's nuclear and
renewable energy, national security, and environmental
Our mission is to discover, demonstrate and secure innovative
nuclear energy solutions, other clean energy options and critical
Our vision is to change the world's energy future and secure our
nation's critical infrastructure.
Selective Service Requirements:
To be eligible for employment at INL males born after December 31,
1959 must have registered with the Selective Service System (SSS).
For more information see www.sss.gov.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Idaho National Laboratory (INL) is an Equal Employment Opportunity
(EEO) employer. It is the policy of INL to provide equal employment
opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic
information. Women and People of Color are strongly encouraged to
When applying to positions please provide a resume and answer all
questions on the following screens. Applicants, who fail to provide
a resume or answer the questions, may be deemed ineligible for
Benefits, Salary, and Relocation:
We have an extremely competitive salary structure, robust
relocation package, and phenomenal benefits. For more information,
please visit: .
--Primary Location:--US-ID-Idaho FallsJob:--Computer Information
TechnologyOrganization:--National & Homeland Security
Posting:--Jan 7, 2021, 1:59:27 PMUnposting Date:--Jan 29, 2021,
Keywords: Battelle Energy Alliance, Idaho Falls , Sr. Critical Infrastructure Cyber Protection and Defense Professional, Other , Idaho Falls, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!