IT Specialist (INFOSEC)
Company: Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency
Location: Idaho Falls
Posted on: February 21, 2021
- Accepting applications
- Open & closing dates
10/09/2020 to 07/31/2021
- Pay scale & grade
GS 12 - 13
$77,488 to $134,798 per year
- Appointment type
- Work schedule
Full-Time Duties Summary
This announcement is issued under the Direct Hire Authority (DHA)
to recruit for positions for which there is a critical hiring need.
Selectee(s) will receive a career or career-conditional appointment
in the competitive service and may be required to serve a one year
Who May be Considered:
- U.S. Citizens
- View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.
Joining the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA)
means being part of the team focused on securing the Nation's
physical and cyber infrastructure against threats to public health
and safety, economy, and national security.
Visit to learn more about CISA and how you can be part of the team
to Defend Today; Secure Tomorrow.
This is an agency-wide position, which is comprised of several
geographically separated divisions with a nationwide force:
Infrastructure Security Division, Cybersecurity Division, Emergency
Communications Division, National Risk Management Center and
several organizational units. Typical work assignments include:
- Define and manage information technology (IT) and/or
cybersecurity related programs and/or projects, or other area of
responsibility, to include strategic direction for program
initiatives and activities, personnel, infrastructure, policy
enforcement, emergency planning, IT and/or cybersecurity awareness,
and/or other resources.
- Coordinate, communicate and integrate IT projects and program
- Provide direct support for acquisitions that use information
technology (IT) (including National Security Systems), applying
IT-related laws and policies, and provides IT-related guidance
throughout the total acquisition life cycle.
- Provide guidance to customers about applicability of
information systems to meet business needs, coordinate with systems
architects and developers, as needed, to provide oversight in the
development of design solutions.
- Develop and maintain cybersecurity plans, strategy, and policy
to support and align with organizational cybersecurity initiatives
and regulatory compliance.
- Apply knowledge of priorities to define an entity's direction,
determine how to allocate resources, and identify programs or
infrastructure that are required to achieve desired goals within
domain of interest. Travel Required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for up to 5
nights per month for this position.
Conditions of Employment
- You to apply for this position.
- You must successfully pass a background investigation.
- Selective Service registration required.
- You must be able to obtain and hold a Top Secret/SCI or lower
level security clearance as identified by CISA.
- You must submit to a drug test and receive a negative test
result prior to appointment to this position. After appointment,
you may be subject to periodic random drug testing.
- Relocation expenses are not authorized. Other recruitment
incentives may be authorized.
- New employees must serve a one year probationary period.
- This position has been designated excluded from bargaining unit
representation under the national security provision of 5 U.S.C.
- All employees are required to participate in Direct Deposit/
Electronic Funds Transfer for salary payments.
- Applying to this announcement certifies that you give
permission for DHS to share your application with others in DHS for
- This position may be designated as essential personnel.
Essential personnel must be able to serve during continuity of
operation events without regard to declarations of liberal leave or
government closures due to weather, protests, and acts of terrorism
or lack of funding. Failure to report for or remain in this
position may result in disciplinary or adverse action in accordance
with applicable laws, rules, and regulations (5 U.S.C. 7 and 5 CFR
Part 752, as applicable).
- Any offers of employment made pursuant to this announcement
will be consistent with all applicable authorities, including
Presidential Memoranda, Executive Orders, interpretive U.S. Office
of Management and Budget (OMB) and U.S. Office of Personnel
Management (OPM) guidance, and Office of Management and Budget
plans and policies concerning hiring. These authorities are subject
- More than one selection may be made from this
- Appointments are subject to the availability of funds.
This is an open continuous announcement for 60 days, or until all
positions are filled. It will be used to fill immediate and future
vacancies for this agency. There may be multiple cut-off dates with
the first being 10 days after the initial opening date of
10/09/2020. Additional cut-off dates may be established as needed
until all vacancies have been filled.
You qualify for the GS-12 grade level (starting salary $77,488.00)
if you possess information technology related experience
demonstrating each of the four required competencies:
- Attention to Detail- Monitoring information systems or networks
to ensure compliance of security measures;
- Customer Service- Identifying the need for updates to security
- Oral Communication- Providing recommendations to other
technical specialists on IT security issues;
- Problem Solving- Identifying potential security risk in IT
systems and recommending solutions. In addition to the above
requirement you must have at least one year of specialized
experience at the GS-11 grade level performing at least one of the
- Controlling authorization level for all personnel requiring
user access to automated information systems;
- Evaluating the security impact of system changes to existing or
proposed computerized systems;
- Conducting studies of all new automated information systems
equipment to prepare effective security procedures;
- Ensuring compliance of automated information system security
protocols and procedures;
- Supporting IT/cyber risk management, to include risk
identification, response plan and mitigation strategies for project
level risk. You qualify for the GS-13 grade level (starting salary
$91,231.00) if you possess information technology related
experience demonstrating each of the four required
- Attention to Detail- Monitoring all phases of IT systems
security to ensure compliance of security measures;
- Customer Service- Evaluating cybersecurity system requirements
to meet stakeholder needs;
- Oral Communication- Providing advice to IT stakeholders on IT
projects and/or programs;
- Problem Solving- Identifying and recommending solutions to fix
cybersecurity problem areas. In addition to the above requirement
you must have at least one year of specialized experience at the
GS-12 grade level performing at least one of the following duties:
- Reviewing proposed new systems, networks, and software designs
for potential security risks in addition to supporting the customer
engagement, requirements identification, design and/or
implementation of proposed risk mitigation solutions in alignment
with security protocols and technical standards;
- Assessing IT system security tools, plans, techniques, and/or
processes to reduce risks associated with IT system
- Reviewing and evaluating system security plans, policies, and
- Developing, coordinating, and implementing IT system security
policy, mitigation guidance, technical analysis, and/or strategic
plans to reduce system or network risk;
- Engaging with internal and external partners to identify IT
system deficiencies and security requirements. National Service
Experience (i.e., volunteer experience): Experience refers to paid
and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through
National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other
organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious;
spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build
critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide
valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid
employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience,
including volunteer experience.
Current or Former Political Appointees: The Office of Personnel
Management (OPM) must authorize employment offers made to current
or former political appointees. If you are currently, or have been
within the last 5 years, a political Schedule A, Schedule C,
Non-career SES or Presidential Appointee employee in the Executive
Branch, you must disclose this information to the Human Resources
Qualifications Must Be Met
The qualification requirements listed above must be met by the
closing date of this announcement.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
DHS offers competitive salaries and an attractive benefits package,
including: health, dental, vision, life..... click apply for full
Keywords: Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency, Idaho Falls , IT Specialist (INFOSEC), Other , Idaho Falls, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!