Experienced Water Systems Engineer
Company: Battelle Energy Alliance
Location: Idaho Falls
Posted on: May 3, 2021
DescriptionDoes a career focused on changing the world's energy
future intrigue you? If so, we might have just the opportunity
you're looking for!
The Materials and Fuels Complex (MFC) at the Idaho National
Laboratory (INL) is seeking applicants for an experienced Water
Systems Engineer reporting to the Facilities and System Engineering
INL is recognized as the lead national laboratory for DOE-NE,
providing much of the nuclear research, development, and
demonstration capability needed to move nuclear innovation forward
to deployment. MFC hosts an outstanding combination of personnel,
facilities and infrastructure and offers the ability to perform
research and development of nuclear fuels from fuel design,
development, and fabrication through post irradiated analysis.
The System Engineer applies mechanical engineering knowledge,
practice, and techniques in support of assigned facility systems.
The engineer has responsibility to ensure continued operational
readiness of assigned Systems to support ongoing research missions
at MFC facilities. This responsibility is accomplished through
understanding of system Technical and Functional Requirements,
system performance criteria, physical configuration, operation,
testing, and maintenance.
- Perform System Engineering role for modifications to assigned
systems and development of new system capabilities.
- Perform Design Engineer role for modifications and/or repairs
to assigned systems.
- Configuration management, system maintenance, and monitor
system performance of assigned systems
- Failure Analysis of assigned systems (working with Reliability
- Operations support to facility personnel responsible for
operating assigned systems.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Civil Engineering and 5-8
yrs. of experience, or Master's degree in Mechanical or Civil
Engineering and 3-6 years of experience
- Must be a US Citizen and have the ability and willingness to
acquire and maintain a Doe "L" or "Q" clearance depending on
- Experience with the design and maintenance of Potable Water and
- Must have a Professional Engineering License in the State of
Idaho or able to acquire one through reciprocity.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with accurate
attention to detail.
- Experience with configuration management of drawings and
- Working knowledge of fluid systems, particularly potable water,
and sewer systems.
- Demonstrated skills with standard Microsoft Office tools, Adobe
Pro, CAD (optional).
- Demonstrated understanding of mechanical drawings and drawing
Demonstrated knowledge and experience working with and applying the
following codes and standards-
- ASME B31.1, Power Piping
- ASME B31.3, Process Piping
- ASME B31.9, Building Service Piping
- UPC, Uniform Plumbing Code
- AWWA C651, Standard for Disinfecting Water Mains
- ASME B16, Valves, Flanges, Fittings, and Gaskets
- AWWA C600-10, Installation of Ductile-Iron Mains and Their
- ANSI/NSF 61, Drinking Water Components
- IDAPA 58.01.08 - Idaho Rules for Public Drinking Water
- Idaho Plumbing Code
- Idaho Standards for Public Works Construction
- Demonstrated understanding of practices and techniques to lead
in developing designs for new or remodeled facilities, processes
- Multi-Level: This is a multi-level posting and the selected
candidate will be placed at the appropriate level dependent on
depth and breadth of proven experience and skills
INL is a science-based, applied engineering national laboratory
dedicated to supporting the U.S. Department of Energy's mission in
nuclear energy research, science, and national defense. With more
than 5,000 scientists, researchers, and support staff, the
laboratory works with national and international governments,
universities and industry partners to discover new science and
development technologies that underpin the nation's nuclear and
renewable energy, national security, and environmental
Our mission is to discover, demonstrate and secure innovative
nuclear energy solutions, other clean energy options and critical
Our vision is to change the world's energy future and secure our
nation's critical infrastructure.
Selective Service Requirements:
To be eligible for employment at INL males born after December 31,
1959 must have registered with the Selective Service System (SSS).
For more information see www.sss.gov.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Idaho National Laboratory (INL) is an Equal Employment Opportunity
(EEO) employer. It is the policy of INL to provide equal employment
opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic
information. Women and People of Color are strongly encouraged to
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided
reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or
interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to
receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact
us to request accommodation.
When applying to positions please provide a resume and answer all
questions on the following screens. Applicants, who fail to provide
a resume or answer the questions, may be deemed ineligible for
Benefits & Salary:
We have an extremely competitive salary structure, robust
relocation package, and phenomenal benefits. For more information,
please visit: .
FallsJob:EngineeringOrganization:Materials & Fuels Complex-MFC
(Uxxx)Schedule:Full-timeEmployee Status:RegularJob Posting:Apr 26,
2021, 6:58:13 PMUnposting Date:May 18, 2021, 5:59:00 AM
Keywords: Battelle Energy Alliance, Idaho Falls , Experienced Water Systems Engineer, Other , Idaho Falls, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!