Operator Helper Packaging (12 Hour Days)
Company: Idahoan Foods
Location: Idaho Falls
Posted on: May 14, 2022
The primary responsibilities of the Operator Helper position will
include but not be limited to the following: dumping, packing,
stacking, and basic equipment operation under the Operator's
The Operator Helper position will require the ability to perform
the following work: dump, pack, and stack, place cartons and bags
into master cases, and prepare cases to be taped, coded, and sent
to the palletizing area. This position is to function at a high
level of performance in all three positions. They must work closely
with other operator helpers. Clear communication with the operator
is essential to ensure there are no errors in product that is
dumped to the packaging line, proper pallet patterns are followed,
and pallets are correctly coded. Also required will be the ability
to use the company's inventory management system (M3) and be
certified to operate a forklift.
1. Adhere to Idahoan Good Manufacturing Practice (GMPs).
2. Comply with all safety regulations, attend safety meetings, and
follow all plant and safety rules.
3. Able to be trained in the Lockout and Tagout program to be an
4. Able to perform the essential duties and responsibilities with
efficiency and accuracy while working independently and
5. Must be able to multi-task effectively and efficiently.
6. Assist the operator in clearing equipment jams and
starting/stopping the line.
7. Able to relieve the operator for breaks by keeping the line
8. Assist in sanitation activities during area cleanup and willing
to work extra hours for cleanups and startups.
9. Able to scrub equipment when needed with scrub pads, brushes,
etc. Must be able to disassemble equipment for cleaning and
reassemble when finished.
10. Maintain cleanliness in work area(s). May be required to wear
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when working with cleaning
chemicals and sanitizers.
11. Alert and notify the Operator of any upset conditions.
12. Responsible for cross-training new employees.
13. May be called upon to help with a respective Packaging position
under special circumstances.
12. Must follow directions from the Operators and Packaging
13. Must be able to keep up with the speed of the machines,
correlating at least two to four pouches to be placed in cartons or
cases. Conditions require using both hands to insert product
pouches into cartons.
14. Ensure the proper code is being printed on the package, carton,
pallet, or case.
15. Place cartons and bags into master cases and prepare cases to
be taped, coded, and sent to palletizing area.
16. Understand proper pallet patterns and coding of pallets.
17. Prepare totes for dumping to the holding hoppers and remove bar
codes for delivery to the Operator so the Enterprise Resource
Planning (ERP) system can be maintained.
18. Visually inspect product pouches, cartons, codes, and cases to
19. Inspect the product hoppers and product in totes making sure
the product is of high quality before dumping to the packaging
line. Notify the Operator and/or Lead of any abnormalities with the
system or products.
20. Must be familiar with package coding procedures and have the
ability to learn and understand Quality Assurance (QA)
21. Acceptable attendance is a crucial part of this job, and all
incumbents must adhere to the company's attendance policy.
Alignment with Core Values of the Company
* Respect & Value Our People
* Stay in Front of Change While Reducing Costs
* Delight our Customers
* Food Quality & Safety
Qualifications/Required Skills for the Position:
Education and/or Experience:
* Previous experience working around packaging equipment
* Forklift certification may be required.
* Company training will be provided in all areas relating to this
* Exhibits effective oral communication skills to communicate with
supervisor and co-workers.
* Works well with others and communicates in a positive manner.
* Reads, comprehends, and performs the cleaning instructions for
each piece of equipment as required.
* Accurately record and complete paperwork.
* Position requires performing heavy lifting up to 50.
* Must be physically active and able to work around hot
temperatures, noise, and/or dust.
* Able to stand on concrete floors and/or walk for extended periods
and follows safety precautions.
* Position may require repetitive motion: hand, arm, and shoulder
* Able to work under pressure with time limitations.
* Utilizes cleaning chemicals and sanitizers safely.
* Good hand/eye coordination.
* This position requires self-confidence and maturity to make
decisions and to solve problems with minimal direction.
* Good decision-making skills with the ability to think ahead.
* Team player, flexible, and accepts changing assignments and
* Follows all safety precautions while working independently and
* Keeps work area clean.
* Must be able to wear proper PPE while performing job duties.
Could be required to use any of the following PPE: wet suit, rubber
boots & gloves, safety goggles, dust mask, and/or respirator.
Keywords: Idahoan Foods, Idaho Falls , Operator Helper Packaging (12 Hour Days), Other , Idaho Falls, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!