Security Police Officer
Company: Naval Nuclear Laboratory
Location: Idaho Falls
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Security Police Officer
Naval Nuclear Laboratory -> Enterprise Integration ->
Idaho - Idaho Falls, ID 83415 US (Primary)
High School or equivalent
As a national asset, the Naval Nuclear Laboratory provides
employees with excellent pay and benefits as well as an exceptional
work/life balance and employment stability.
Security Police Officers are assigned to protect Naval Reactors
Program personnel, property and information from loss due to theft,
diversion, sabotage, or other illegal acts. Security Police
Officers screen personnel and vehicles in accordance with approved
access procedures to preclude unauthorized personnel and the
introduction of prohibited articles.
Essential duties include:
- Protect Naval Reactors program assets by maintaining and
safeguarding the physical perimeter of the facility
- Comprehend and implement detailed procedures contained in
General and Post Orders.
- Patrol and protect the property by foot and/or vehicle to
deter, detect and/or assess illegal/unauthorized
- Provide security protection for facilities, classified material
and personnel to preclude unauthorized access, diversion, theft or
- Deter, detect and/or report any suspected espionage or sabotage
- Control personnel and vehicle ingress/egress into/from secure
- Perform escort duties as required.
- Deter, detect and/or report violations of security and safety
- Respond to alarms or unusual/suspicious activities.
- Maintain the requisite knowledge of all security orders and
skills pertaining to assigned duties, as well as working knowledge
of applicable federal/state laws.
- Maintain Department of Energy firearms qualification and
physical fitness standards
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- This is not considered all-inclusive.
- Possess a valid drivers license prior to and during
- Minimum of 21 years of age
- High School graduate or equivalent education and one of the
- Minimum two years of college or vocational-tech education in
Criminal Justice, Law Enforcement, or similar program: OR
- Minimum of two years civilian law enforcement experience (with
arrest authority); OR
- Minimum of two years of military service.
- Meet Department of Energy medical, psychological, and physical
fitness standards prior to and during employment.
- Pass drug testing prior to and during employment.
- Pass a federal background investigation and meet eligibility
requirements for access to classified matter prior to and during
- Meet and maintain Department of Energy firearms qualification
standards during employment.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions identified for
- Active Secret Security Clearance or higher
- Associate Degree in Law Enforcement/Criminal Justice
- Civilian/military law enforcement experience
- Demonstrate ability to communicate clearly and
- Demonstrate ability to work independently and with a group
The Naval Nuclear Laboratory is operated for the U.S. Department of
Energy (DOE) by Fluor Marine Propulsion, LLC (FMP), a wholly owned
subsidiary of Fluor Corporation. Naval Nuclear Laboratory personnel
are FMP employees who work at four DOE facilities: Bettis Atomic
Power Laboratory, Knolls Atomic Power Laboratory, Kenneth A.
Kesselring Site, and Naval Reactors Facility, and at the U.S.
Department of Defense-owned Nuclear Power Training Unit-Charleston.
FMP employees also have an established presence at numerous
shipyards and vendor locations. For nearly 70 years, the Naval
Nuclear Laboratory has developed advanced nuclear propulsion
technology, provided technical support, and trained world-class
nuclear operators to ensure the safe and reliable operation of our
nation's submarine and aircraft carrier Fleets. The Naval Nuclear
Laboratory is a national asset solely dedicated to the Naval
Nuclear Propulsion Program. We rely on the dedication and
innovation of our nearly 8000 engineers, scientists, technicians,
and support personnel.
All candidates must be U.S. citizens. Applicants selected will be
subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet
eligibility requirements for access to classified matter.
As a federal contractor, and consistent with Executive Order 14042,
Fluor Marine Propulsion, LLC (FMP) may require all newly hired
employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated by their
start date, subject to approved disability or religious
accommodations. We understand this federal requirement is subject
to litigation and enforcement may change.
Fluor Marine Propulsion is an Equal Opportunity Employer
(Veterans/Disabilities) Committed to Workplace Diversity
Keywords: Naval Nuclear Laboratory, Idaho Falls , Security Police Officer, Other , Idaho Falls, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!