Location: Idaho Falls
Posted on: November 25, 2022
"Enhancing the Lives of Those We Touch by Helping People Reach
Melaleuca has firmly supported this mission statement since our
humble beginning in 1985. Everything we accomplish is done with an
eye toward promoting the physical, environmental, financial, and
personal wellness of those around us. Our focus has always been on
wellness. By manufacturing and selling effective, high quality,
natural, health oriented products we help people live more vibrant,
healthier, and happier lives. When you walk through the doors at
Melaleuca, you can feel it immediately. This is The Wellness
We have achieved consistent and profitable growth with our annual
revenue hitting over $2 billion dollars. We now have over 4,000
employees and operations in 19 countries around the world.
Melaleuca is positioned to grow even more rapidly in upcoming
years. To help keep up with this growth we are looking for an
outstanding Buyer in our Purchasing department.
Responsible for securing the best possible pricing for existing
unprocessed finished goods, components and/or ingredients, goods
and/or services for Melaleuca, Inc. Maintains good vendor
relations, timely deliveries, acceptable inventory levels and
stock-out avoidance in accordance with the "no stock out"
* Maintains working knowledge of Purchasing JDE system and
* Generates Purchase Orders for raw materials, services and/or
unprocessed finished goods for Melaleuca, Inc.
* Secures best possible pricing for goods and/or services (SKU
* Ensures timely delivery of goods and/or services and expedite
orders when needed.
* Initiates vendor correspondence to resolve quality control
issues, delivery problems, and quantity discrepancies when
* Works with the Accounts Payable department to resolve vendor
* Maintains working knowledge of Materials Requirement Planning
system and capabilities.
* Maintains correct purchasing data within JDE (i.e., vendor lead
times, minimum purchase lot sizes, standard costs, on hand
quantities, vendor information, etc.).
* Purchases Melaleuca's unprocessed finished goods in acceptable
order quantities at the best possible price (Business Kits
* Maintains proper paperwork flow for JDE "inventory receipts" and
"issues to jobs" for purchasing unprocessed finished goods.
Just as important as your experience and skills will be the
following characteristics and competencies:
* A natural orientation for continuous improvement and problem
* A collaborative approach and willingness to engage in an
environment of active idea sharing.
* Sharp organizational skills and the ability to multi-task in a
* The ability to produce consistent quality under deadline pressure
while paying careful attention to detail.
* Self-motivation and a strong sense of ownership and
* High degree of problem solving ability to create appropriate
* Three (3) years of Purchasing experience or a Bachelor's Degree
(4 year) in business.
* Negotiation ability, experience.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to analyze problems and create solutions.
* Detailed work and organizational skills.
* Ability to work independently and professionally.
* Ability to work under stress.
* Excellent Excel spreadsheet skills and Word processing.
Melaleuca is one of the leading Health and Wellness companies in
the world. We manufacture and distribute nutritional,
pharmaceutical, personal care, facial care, home hygiene, and other
wellness products and distribute them directly to the consumer
through a full-service catalog and Internet shopping system. We
carefully craft products used every day with the highest standards
of safety, health, and wellness in mind.
This revolutionary system is changing the way hundreds of thousands
of people shop by eliminating middlemen and reducing marketing and
distribution costs. This enables the company to spend more on
research and high-quality, ecologically-sensible ingredients, while
maintaining reasonable prices.
Great culture-Flexibility is a must in this position; you'll become
a part of a fast-paced team dedicated to a feel-good lifestyle
brand dedicated to changing lives. Like the rest of Melaleuca, we
are proud to be part of a values-driven organization that treats
employees with respect. Our employees and their families enjoy
company parties and countless discounts around the community. We
implement a very real open-door policy, and all employees are on a
first name basis-it feels more like a family than a multi-national
Excellent compensation-in addition to a competitive wage and bonus
incentive program, we offer comprehensive benefits for our
full-time employees that include all you would expect plus some
remarkable surprises, such as a longevity bonus. Right here
on-site, we provide childcare, a fitness center, free concierge
service, and an employee restaurant.
Keywords: Melaleuca, Idaho Falls , Buyer, Other , Idaho Falls, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!