Production Specialist - Bindery Days
Company: AlphaGraphics Idaho Falls
Location: Idaho Falls
Posted on: January 24, 2023
At AlphaGraphics, we believe in making the impossible,
As a Production Specialist - Bindery your mission, should you
choose to accept it, will be to take responsibility for operating
all of the bindery equipment in an efficient and accurate manner.
You bring to the table good organizational skills and a high degree
of accuracy. You will be responsible for preserving the quality of
printing output. Finally, you will have familiarity with learning
new software and must be comfortable using computers.
8 am - 5 pm
$10 - $15 hourly depending on experience
We are actively seeking a Bindery Specialist to join our growing
team! The Bindery Specialist operates various machines and
equipment to finish products that have been printed so they can be
delivered to the customer.
What we'll Expect of you:
- Examine stitched, collated, bound, or unbound product samples
for defects, such as imperfect bindings, ink spots, torn pages,
loose pages, or loose or uncut threads.
- Read work orders to determine instructions and specifications
for machine set-up.
- Install or adjust bindery machine devices, such as knives,
guides, rollers, rounding forms, creasing rams, or clamps, to
accommodate sheets, signatures, or books of specified sizes.
- Trim edges of books to size, using cutting machines, book
trimming machines, or hand cutters.
- Stitch or glue endpapers, bindings, backings, or signatures,
using sewing machines, glue machines, or glue and brushes.
- Monitor machine operations to detect malfunctions or to
determine whether adjustments are needed.
- Maintain records, such as daily production records, using
- Prepare finished books for shipping by wrapping or packing
books and stacking boxes on pallets.
- Set up or operate glue machines by filling glue reservoirs,
turning switches to activate heating elements, or adjusting glue
flow or conveyor speed.
- Other essential functions needed to provide the highest quality
customer service and product output.
What you can expect from us:
- Opportunities to grow and learn additional skills in the
printing and marketing industries.
- Coaching and feedback from a supportive team.
- An enjoyable work environment you can be proud of.
What you'll need to be successful:
- The ability to apply Critical thinking using logic and
reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative
solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so
others will understand.
- The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to
produce answers that make sense.
- The ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or
pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g.,
patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical
- The ability to imagine how something will look after it is
moved around or when its parts are moved or rearranged.
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Birthdays Off
- Paid Holidays
- 3% Company Match Retirement Account
The employer posting this position, evaluating potential candidates
and making all hiring decisions is an independently owned and
operated AlphaGraphics, Inc. franchisee. If hired, Franchisee will
be your employer, not AlphaGraphics, Inc. or any of its affiliates
or any other franchisees.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: AlphaGraphics Idaho Falls, Idaho Falls , Production Specialist - Bindery Days, Other , Idaho Falls, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!