Nuclear Safety Analyst
Company: Battelle Energy Alliance
Location: Idaho Falls
Posted on: October 11, 2020
Are you an Engineer with nuclear reactor experience? Come join
our outstanding team!
INL's Advanced Test Reactor Complex (ATR) is seeking a Nuclear
Safety Analyst. In this role you will manage nuclear facility
document safety analyses (DSAs) and technical safety requirements
(TSRs) updates and revisions. You will establish communication with
support organizations and ensures DSA and TSR projects are
completed and submitted to the Department of Energy (DOE) for
approval on schedule. You will act as a technical lead in the
performance of detailed nuclear facility safety analyses and
documents analyses in accordance with company quality
This role includes a comprehensive relocation package, exceptional
benefits, and a 4x10 work schedule (every Friday off). Come see
what makes INL special and apply today!
* Maintain proficiency in the use of analytical tools.
* Analyst identify DSA commitments and derives TSRs to ensure
hazardous and radioactive material releases are prevented or
* Lead in the preparation of DSA and TSR ensuring revisions
accurately reflect the facility configuration and establish the
* Support nuclear facility operation which includes reviews of
procedures, operational events, and facility modifications and
support DSA and TSR implementation.
* Advise on emergent safety issues, long term nuclear safety goals,
and safety issue resolutions.
* Execute unreviewed safety question (USQ) process for proposed
facility and procedure changes and new information and develops
interim operating restriction, develops and executes USQ resolution
* Work independently with limited direction to solve technical
nuclear safety issues.
* Establish objectives, set priorities, and advise management of
nuclear safety issues.
* Develop and maintain effective communication with plant systems
and experiments engineers, facility operations, supporting
organization, company Facility Safety Engineering organization,
subcontractor personnel, and DOE oversight personnel.
* Responsible for technical approach, product quality, and accurate
completion of safety analysis projects.
* Must be a US Citizen and be able to obtain and maintain a
Department of Energy Security Clearance
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering and 5 years of relevant
experience or Master's Degree and 3 years
* Excellent verbal and written communication ability
* Professional Engineer License (PE)
* Experience with analytical methods used in developing safety
analyses and risk assessments
* Knowledge of DOE nuclear safety and unreviewed safety question
guides and standards
* An understanding of the Advanced Test Reactor Safety Bases
* Salary Grade: 220/230
* Multi-Level: This is a multi-level posting. The selected
candidate will be placed at the appropriate level dependent on
depth and breadth of relevant experience and skills
Certifications: testing designated position (tdp)
INL is a science-based, applied engineering national laboratory
dedicated to supporting the U.S. Department of Energy s mission in
nuclear energy research, science, and national defense. With more
than 5,000 scientists, researchers, and support staff, the
laboratory works with national and international governments,
universities and industry partners to discover new science and
development technologies that underpin the nation s nuclear and
renewable energy, national security, and environmental
Our mission is to discover, demonstrate and secure innovative
nuclear energy solutions, other clean energy options and critical
Our vision is to change the world s energy future and secure our
nation s critical infrastructure.
Selective Service Requirements
To be eligible for employment at INL males born after December 31,
1959 must have registered with the Selective Service System (SSS).
For more information see www.sss.gov.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Idaho National Laboratory (INL) is an Equal Employment Opportunity
(EEO) employer. It is the policy of INL to provide equal employment
opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic
information. Women and People of Color are strongly encouraged to
When applying to positions please provide a resume and answer all
questions on the following screens. Applicants, who fail to provide
a resume or answer the questions, may be deemed ineligible for
Benefits, Salary, and Relocation
We have an extremely competitive salary structure, robust
relocation package, and phenomenal benefits. For more information,
please visit: https://www.inl.gov/careers/benefits-overview/. .
Keywords: Battelle Energy Alliance, Idaho Falls , Nuclear Safety Analyst, Professions , Idaho Falls, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!