Company: Battelle Energy Alliance
Location: Idaho Falls
Posted on: November 16, 2020
ORGANIZATION: Nuclear Materials Department
WORK LOCATION: Idaho Falls, ID (In town - 9x80 schedule)
Idaho National Lab (INL) will change the world s energy future and
secure our critical infrastructure! Join us innovate the
The Irradiation Experiment Neutronics Analysis team within the
Nuclear Science & Technology (NS&T) Directorate is seeking a
talented Neutronics Analyst to join our team. This role will select
and broadly apply principles, theories, and concepts in nuclear
* Works on unusually complex problems and utilizes specialized
techniques to develop solutions.
* Develops and contributes to technical projects involving
multidisciplinary performers and activities.
* Defines technical approach and sets technical direction.
* Seeks, develops and implements innovation as appropriate to meet
* Develops and implements R&D plans at the project and program
* Contributes to Laboratory and program strategy.
* May act as Principal Investigator, conducting research with
emphasis on irradiation testing.
* May provide internal and external leadership for nuclear
programs, including direction of high-performance,
multi-disciplinary research teams, principal investigators,
engineers, and technicians.
* Identifies new research opportunities, leads technical teams to
respond to those opportunities, generates proposals, and secures
funding for the conduct of the research.
* Establishes research plans and experimental designs for research
* Leads and mentors junior level staff.
* Performs peer reviews and serves as a technical resource and
liaison for both internal and external collaborations.
* Serve as primary contributor to the generation of reports,
publications, proposals, and intellectual property.
* Represents the organization to sponsors and peers through
programmatic and technical presentations.
* Assists with organization business planning and marketing
* Degree in nuclear engineering or closely related field is
* Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 8 years of experience
* Master's Degree and a minimum of 6 years of experience
* Ph.D. and a minimum of 4 years of experience
* Expert in the field of nuclear engineering and neutronics with
demonstrated experience in modeling, simulation and analysis.
* Capable of solving complex problems to enable the design,
fabrication, irradiation, shipment, and post irradiation
examination of irradiation experiments conducted in nuclear
* Ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy level "L"
security clearance is required, therefore, U.S. Citizenship is
* Application and use of uncertainty quantification techniques
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Must be able to work in culturally diverse environment.
Preferred Experience and Skills
* Advanced Nuclear Engineering Degree
* Nuclear safety analysis
* Advanced user of MCNP and/or SCALE
* Contributing member on multidisciplinary engineering design
* Proficient using High-Performance Computer (HPC) systems
* Benchmarking and validation activities, computer codes and
* Maintenance and use of nuclear safety software that meets
software quality assurance (SQA) standards for ASME NQA-1
* Proficient using programming languages (FORTRAN, C , Java,
INL is a science-based, applied engineering national laboratory
dedicated to supporting the U.S. Department of Energy s mission in
nuclear energy research, science, and national defense. With more
than 5,000 scientists, researchers, and support staff, the
laboratory works with national and international governments,
universities and industry partners to discover new science and
development technologies that underpin the nation s nuclear and
renewable energy, national security, and environmental
Our mission is to discover, demonstrate and secure innovative
nuclear energy solutions, other clean energy options and critical
Our vision is to change the world s energy future and secure our
nation s critical infrastructure.
Selective Service Requirements
To be eligible for employment at INL males born after December 31,
1959 must have registered with the Selective Service System (SSS).
For more information see www.sss.gov.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Idaho National Laboratory (INL) is an Equal Employment Opportunity
(EEO) employer. It is the policy of INL to provide equal employment
opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic
information. Women and People of Color are strongly encouraged to
When applying to positions please provide a resume and answer all
questions on the following screens. Applicants, who fail to provide
a resume or answer the questions, may be deemed ineligible for
Benefits, Salary, and Relocation
We have an extremely competitive salary structure, robust
relocation package, and phenomenal benefits. For more information,
please visit: https://www.inl.gov/careers/benefits-overview/. .
Keywords: Battelle Energy Alliance, Idaho Falls , Neutronics Analyst, Professions , Idaho Falls, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!