Cyber Security Architect
Company: Battelle Energy Alliance
Location: Idaho Falls
Posted on: May 4, 2021
DescriptionDoes a career focused on changing the world's energy
future intrigue you? If so, we might have just the opportunity
you're looking for! Idaho National Laboratory's (INL) Cyber
Security group is seeking forward-thinking, professionals
interested in exploring a technical career as a Cyber Security
Architect! The position supports core functions within the INL's
Cyber Security team. Functions for this position are:
- Leads and participates in the design and architecture of cyber
related information data storage, manipulation and retrieval.
- Leads efforts in identifying, prioritizing, and coordinating
critical cyber defense infrastructure and key resources.
- Identify functional and security related features to recommend
opportunities for new capability development.
- Evaluates emerging data technologies and develops capabilities
in support of INL cybersecurity initiatives.
- Provides advanced support to end users and other engineers in
data related tasks.
- Provides oversight and works with existing infrastructure
including logging, network analysis and end point detection and
- Implements systems and performs system administration as needed
to fulfill organizational requirements.
- Leads special projects as assigned. Minimum Requirements:
- Level 3 - BS and 5 yrs- MS and 3 yrs- PhD and 2 yrs - 13 years
education/experience in lieu of a bachelors degree
- Level 4 - BS and 8 yrs. MS and 6 yrs. PhD and 4 yrs. or 16
years experience/education in lieu of a BS
- Must be a US Citizen, and must have or be able to obtain a Q
- Foundation in systems development: should understand the system
development life cycle; software project management approaches; and
requirements, design, and test techniques.
- Ability to trouble-shoot existing infrastructure, including
configuration problems, deployment problems, role-based access
control issues and search problems.
- Breadth of knowledge in established and emerging data
- Understanding of data modeling and data store implementations
(RDBMS and NoSQL)
- Familiar with data analytical concepts.
- Basic Linux Operating system fundamentals.
- Shell scripting experience.
- The employee is required to obtain specialized training and
certification in IT and Cyber Security disciplines. This specific
training and these certifications will vary based upon current
technologies and threat conditions. Examples of the certification
and training are Certified Information System Security Professional
(CISSP), and SANS Global Information Assurance Certification
(GIAC). Preferred Requirements:
- Ability to astutely operate in the organization; should have
the ability to generate respect and influence, technologically
neutral, articulate, persuasive, and enthusiastic.
- Experience with Splunk administration and deployment.
- Experience with SIEM software.
- Machine learning or advance analytics knowledge is not required
but helpful. Job Information
- Salary Grade: 220
- Multi-Level: This is a multi-level posting and the selected
candidate will be placed at the appropriate level dependent on
depth and breadth of demonstrated experience and skills INL
Overview: INL is a science-based, applied engineering national
laboratory dedicated to supporting the U.S. Department of Energy's
mission in nuclear energy research, science, and national defense.
With more than 5,000 scientists, researchers, and support staff,
the laboratory works with national and international governments,
universities and industry partners to discover new science and
development technologies that underpin the nation's nuclear and
renewable energy, national security, and environmental missions.
INL Mission: Our mission is to discover, demonstrate and secure
innovative nuclear energy solutions, other clean energy options and
critical infrastructure. INL Vision: Our vision is to change the
world's energy future and secure our nation's critical
infrastructure. Selective Service Requirements: To be eligible for
employment at INL males born after December 31, 1959 must have
registered with the Selective Service System (SSS). For more
information see www.sss.gov. Equal Employment Opportunity: Idaho
National Laboratory (INL) is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
employer. It is the policy of INL to provide equal employment
opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic
information. Women and People of Color are strongly encouraged to
apply. Reasonable Accommodation: We will ensure that individuals
with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to
participate in the job application or interview process, to perform
essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and
privileges of employment. Please contact us to request
accommodation. Other Information: When applying to positions please
provide a resume and answer all questions on the following screens.
Applicants, who fail to provide a resume or answer the questions,
may be deemed ineligible for consideration. Benefits & Salary: We
have an extremely competitive salary structure, robust relocation
package, and phenomenal benefits. For more information, please
visit: https://www.inl.gov/careers/benefits-overview/. .
Qualifications. Primary Location:US-RemoteOther
Locations:US-ID-Idaho FallsJob:Computer Information
TechnologySchedule:Full-timeEmployee Status:RegularJob Posting:Apr
27, 2021, 4:07:23 PMUnposting Date:May 19, 2021, 5:59:00 AM
Keywords: Battelle Energy Alliance, Idaho Falls , Cyber Security Architect, Professions , Idaho Falls, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!