Control Systems Cybersecurity Analyst
Company: Battelle Energy Alliance
Location: Idaho Falls
Posted on: May 6, 2021
DescriptionThis is an exciting time to be in the field of
control systems cyber threat analysis! Protecting our industrial
control systems from foreign cyber-attacks is now recognized by
both government and industry as one the country's highest priority
challenges - we'd love to have you join us!
Idaho National Laboratory's (INL) Cybercore Integration Center
(within our National & Homeland Security Directorate) group is
seeking forward-thinking, professionals who want to explore a
career as a Control Systems Cybersecurity Analyst.
The person in this position will lead cutting edge technical
analysis of cyber threats against the systems that form the very
backbone of the nation's critical infrastructure, e.g., our
electrical grid, oil & gas pipelines, nuclear energy facilities,
military installations, and transportation networks.
- Possessing domain expertise in intelligence analysis,
cybersecurity, and/or engineering fields.
- Use this expertise to draw from open source and classified
intelligence information to draft technical reports, briefings,
white papers, strategies and other products that help inform US
Government agencies, the Department of Defense, and public
- Leading collaborative projects comprised of one or more other
analysts, control systems specialists, power engineers, and cyber
researchers to execute a mix of both short- and long-term technical
projects. As such, we are seeking analysts that are self-motivated
and willing to proactively identify and execute work.
- Distilling information into concise written reports and
briefings for non-technical audiences, in-depth knowledge of
engineering practices (electrical, mechanical, or power) or
computer science principles are desired.
- This position requires strong communication skills (both
written and verbal), a willingness to learn new ways of thinking,
and a thirst for learning. Analysts will be called upon to inform
high levels of the US Government concerning issues involving
cybersecurity for critical infrastructure and control systems.
- BS/BA plus 9-12 years' experience
- Masters plus 7-10 years' experience
- Doctorate plus 5-7 years' experience
- Must have US citizenship and be able to obtain and maintain a
DOE Q clearance (equivalent to Top Secret) with appropriate sigmas
plus SCI access; applicants already holding at least a Q clearance
will be preferred.
- Must be willing and able to complete a polygraph and become a
full-time member of DOE's Field Intelligence Element.
- Must have a demonstrated record of excellent writing and verbal
communication skills combined with proficiency in a technical
- Applicants will be required to provide a writing sample and
give a presentation as part of the interview process.
- A body of published analyses on cybersecurity issues or ICS in
the oil & gas and electric industries will be viewed very
- Intelligence analysis and serving as a principal author of
reports for federal, state or local government consumers. Education
or professional experience with computer sciences, cybersecurity
for operational technology environments, or ICS is highly
- Engineers with process and/or control systems experience,
including maritime or other military-related controls experience,
will be viewed favorably.
Multi-Level: This is a multi-level posting and the selected
candidate will be placed at the appropriate level dependent on
depth and breadth of proven experience and skills (Level 3/4)
Primary Location:US-ID-Idaho FallsJob:Computer Information
TechnologyOrganization:National & Homeland Security
(Dxxx)Schedule:Full-timeEmployee Status:RegularJob Posting:Mar 30,
2021, 3:37:09 PMUnposting Date:May 1, 2021, 5:59:00 AM
Keywords: Battelle Energy Alliance, Idaho Falls , Control Systems Cybersecurity Analyst, Professions , Idaho Falls, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!