Construction Laborer(s) - HK
Company: CRH Americas Materials
Location: Idaho Falls
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Job ID: - 405202HK Contractors, a CRH company, is a member of
the CRH West Division; Our purpose, commitment to the future, and
formula for growth is to champion the safety, empowerment, and
development of our employees. -We strive to be the preferred source
of quality sand, rock, landscape products, ready-mixed concrete,
asphalt, paving and construction services. -We succeed as a team by
embracing integrity, mutual respect, innovation, service,
sustainability, and financial strength.Position OverviewThe General
Laborer is responsible for safely performing a variety of
construction duties to assist the highway, utility, grade crews or
at various on-site plant locations. This position involves various
manual tasks. - Work will be performed per the supervisor's instruc
-tion, free from direct supervision except for more complicated
jobs. - -Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and
- Prepares ground surfaces for the road building process. -
Removes debris out of the construction path.
- Operates ground compactors, levels out and rakes dirt, sets
string markers, and removes items within the area to be paved.
- Sets up fencing, barricades, and/or safety cones to block off
the work area as needed.
- Prepares manhole covers, openings and water lines. - May insert
risers as needed.
- Walks behind paver machine to shovel and rake asphalt as it is
applied to the ground. Levels out asphalt with rake and uses shovel
to dig out manhole covers and water valve boxes that are buried by
- Cleans asphalt off tools and equipment after each work
- May assist with operating equipment as needed and if trained,
including paver, roller, backhoe, water truck, etc.
- Performs other laborer tasks as needed to include cutting
concrete or asphalt with saw, sweeping, etc.Utility Laborer:
- Hand shovels to prepare ground trenches for pipes and utility
lines. - May dig up existing pipes and lines. - Pipes include
water, sewer, conduit and other utility lines.
- Attaches trench box and pipes to chains or guide wires to be
lifted and moved by - - - - - - the heavy equipment operator. -
Installs shoring materials.
- Guides pipes into place while equipment operator maneuvers pipe
on chains/wires. - - Connects pipes using tools, lubricants, glue,
grout, etc. - Builds couplings, - - - -
- connectors, and mechanical joints using various tools and
parts. - Cuts pipe to size.
- Sets up and operates laser level tripod and pipe lasers.
- May operate equipment as needed if trained, including front end
loader, excavator, backhoe, skidsteer and other construction
equipment. -Grade Laborer:
- Hand shovels and rakes to perform groundwork.
- May cut concrete with saw as needed to finish grades.
- Removes and replaces sewer/manhole/sump castings and covers in
- Assists the Grader with grading tasks as needed.
- Performs other laborer duties as required. - - - - - - - -
- May operate equipment as needed if trained, including skidsteer
and other equipment. -Crusher Laborer:
- Performs machinery maintenance and repairs. -
- Unplugs and shovels off conveyors and screens.
- Changes out screens, rollers, cone liners, etc.
- Repairs conveyor problems. - Greases moving machine parts.
- Performs crusher machinery set up and take down which includes
running cables and hoses, setting up blocks,
assembling/disassembling - machinery, operating skidsteer to move
parts, tarping, shoveling aggregate, etc.
- Keeps crusher machinery area clean of debris and shovels
- Operates equipment to include skidsteer (and loader if
- Moves excess materials from around the crusher machinery.Plant
- Participates in daily THINK/TRACK meetings plus weekly safety
- Assists in plant production of materials and ensures for the
efficient working condition of the plant.
- Stockpiles materials and feeds hot plant from the stockpiles in
an efficient and productive manner.
- Ensures that all assigned equipment is properly maintained,
clean, in safe working order and operated properly. - - - - -
- Prepares plant for operations at the beginning of the season,
and performs shut down procedures at the end of the season. -
- Operates front end loader, skidsteer, end dump truck and other
heavy equipment as needed.
- Performs plant maintenance and repairs, including welding
- Performs set up and take down of traveling plants at different
job site locations as required.Other Duties:
- Uses various equipment, hand and power tools.
- Picks up and/or delivers construction materials at job site
- Performs job site clean-up.
- Assists with flagging and traffic control as needed.
- Maintains all tools and equipment in a safe and clean
- Other duties as assigned per supervisorQualifications To
perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. - The requirements
listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or
ability required. - Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disability to perform the essential
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Previous related experience in the construction field is a
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short
correspondence, and memos. -
- Ability to write correspondences and memos. -
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to work well with others in a group or one on one
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have
knowledge of Inventory and Order processing systems; uses job
specific computer system for ticketing and two way radio for
- May be subject to drug testing, and physical agilities
- Must have a current and valid driver's license. -Key
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional employee
situations; Responds promptly to employee needs; Responds to
requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts
well under pressure; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not
blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without
interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others'
ideas and tries new things.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures;
Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports
potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment;
Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal
with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management
direction; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach
- Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Generates suggestions for improving work.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for
ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions.Physical
RequirementsThe physical demands described here are representative
of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. - Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions.The employee is frequently required to sit,
climb, and use hands to signal and handle equipment. The employee
is occasionally required to stand, walk, crawl, kneel, bend, and
reach with hands and arms above their shoulders. - The employee
must occasionally lift and/or move anywhere up to 50-75 lbs. -
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth
perception.Work EnvironmentThe work environment characteristics
described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. - Reasonable
accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.While performing the duties of
this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid
conditions; moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions;
and extreme cold and/or heat. - The noise level in the work
environment is usually moderate to loud.The statements included in
this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. - They
represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully
perform the job. - Other duties may be assigned as required. -
Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the
Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions.What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programsAbout CRH AmericasCRH Americas -has
a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest
corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family
businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized
enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH
Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure,
letting you work in a small company environment while having the
career opportunities of a large enterprise.CRH Americas is a great
place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite
you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your
online application and profile which will be sent directly to the
appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH
Americas family!HK Contractors is an Affirmative Action and Equal
Opportunity Employer. -EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know
more, please click on this -. -
Keywords: CRH Americas Materials, Idaho Falls , Construction Laborer(s) - HK, Professions , Idaho Falls, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!