Field Service Technician (Heavy Equipment Mechanic)
Company: HONNEN EQUIPMENT CO OF UTAH ID
Location: Idaho Falls
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Honnen Equipment Co., your authorized dealer for John Deere
Construction & Forestry equipment. Since 1963 Honnen operated with
a philosophy of not just meeting, but exceeding, customers'
expectations. Honnen is one of the oldest and largest John Deere
dealers in North America, now operating out of 11 locations in 4
different states covering the Rocky Mountain Region. Our mission
here is to partner with our customers to provide superior value
through the lowest owning and operating costs while representing
We offer our employees full benefits at competitive premiums as
well as a contributing 401K, paid time off, paid holidays, and a
performance based incentive program. For our service
technicians/service staff we offer the opportunity and training to
not only work on John Deere but also on other heavy equipment
products as well. Sound like a team you would like to be a part of?
Complete an application today!
Independently performs complex diagnostics, service repairs,
rebuilding jobs and maintenance work on customer and/or dealer
owned equipment. Completes daily tasks at customer job sites in a
safe, efficient and capable manner, using the least number of labor
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs complex diagnostics, service repairs and maintenance
work on customer and/or dealer owned equipment.
- Maintains current knowledge of John Deere and competitor
products and keeps abreast of all changes in various models of
equipment sold and serviced by the distributor.
- Reports each service call or repair job at the end of each
shift, giving the following information: (a) customer's name, (b)
make and model of unit, (c) serial number, (d) hours worked, (e)
travel time, (f) details of work performed, problems encountered,
time required, (g) parts, equipment and supplies used.
- Reports in complete detail as above with regard to warranty
- Brings to the attention of the Shop Manager/Foreman any
additional work required on a unit.
- Notifies Shop Manager/Foreman if equipment or vehicle is not in
serviceable condition or constitutes a safety hazard.
- Keeps service bulletins and parts literature current and
orderly at all times.
- Conducts himself in the presence of customers in a manner which
will retain a good opinion of the company and the Service
- Takes advantage of all opportunities to attend schools and
training sessions in order to upgrade technical
- Follows all safety rules and regulations when performing work
- Mentors Service Technicians and Apprentices.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Manager.
- Associates degree preferred. High School diploma and related
experience in lieu of a degree may be considered.
- Five (5) + years of mechanic repair and maintenance experience
with Heavy Equipment.
- Ability to perform complex service repairs
- Excellent skills in operating vehicles and equipment used for
- Advanced knowledge of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic
systems used in the repair of heavy equipment
- Must have a good drving record and CDL or ability to obtain a
Compensation: $22-$32 per hour DOE
Keywords: HONNEN EQUIPMENT CO OF UTAH ID, Idaho Falls , Field Service Technician (Heavy Equipment Mechanic), Professions , Idaho Falls, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!