Quality Control Technician - HK
Company: CRH Americas Materials
Location: Idaho Falls
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Job ID: - 405343HK Contractors, a CRH company, is a member of
the CRH West Division; Our purpose, commitment to the future, and
formula for growth is to champion the safety, empowerment, and
development of our employees. -We strive to be the preferred source
of quality sand, rock, landscape products, ready-mixed concrete,
asphalt, paving and construction services. -We succeed as a team by
embracing integrity, mutual respect, innovation, service,
sustainability, and financial strength.Position OverviewThis is a
skilled position involving responsibility for the safe operation of
sampling and testing soils, aggregates, and asphalt materials. -
Responsibilities include proper collection of materials to be
tested, proper and accurate analysis of the materials, and accurate
reporting and documentation of results. - Driving of a company
vehicle will be required.Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and
- Safely and efficiently collect samples for testing.
- Set-up, operate and maintain nuclear density gauges for asphalt
and soils compaction.
- Have a working knowledge of state DOT and governing agency job
specifications. - -
- Ability to perform project test procedures relative to
individual levels of certification in testing construction
- Perform sampling, testing and reporting procedures according to
established protocol, having the ability to test construction
material samples and recording - - - - - - - - - - test results in
a timely and accurate manner.
- Promptly report non-compliant tests to project superintendent
- Maintain daily record of test results, prepare daily reports
and submit results to project lead technician or main lab
- Perform asphalt coring operations for density and investigation
- Perform daily housekeeping operations and maintain a clean lab
- Properly follow all company policies and MSHA & OSHA
regulations for safe working procedures and environmental best
practices. - Report any problems to the Foreman, Superintendent,
Safety Manager, or Human Resources Manager.
- Perform job tasks in accordance with industry best practices
and requirements of the equipment (lifting, carrying, sitting,
walking, and climbing).
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. - The requirements
listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or
ability required. - Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disability to perform the essential
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- One to two years prior QC experience preferred. -.Work
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short
correspondence, and memos. - Ability to write simple
- Ability to add, subtract, multiple and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. -
Ability to compute, rate, ration, percent, land to draw and
interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to effectively present information in one on one and
small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees
of the organization
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instruction.
- Ability to work well with others in a group or one on one
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should be able
to type and use keyboards accurately and have knowledge of Database
- May be subject to drug testing, medical exams and physical
agilities testing.Knowledge/Skill Requirements
- CAPA Level A & B certification.
- Must have a current and valid driver's license with a good
- Must have ability to back light trailers.Key Competencies
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer
situations; Responds promptly to customer needs.
- Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts
well under pressure; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures;
Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports
potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment;
Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal
with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management
direction; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach
- Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Generates suggestions for improving work.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for
ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions.Physical
RequirementsThe physical demands described here are representative
of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. - Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions.The employee is frequently required to sit,
climb, and use hands to signal and handle equipment. The employee
is occasionally required to stand, walk, crawl, kneel, bend, and
reach with hands and arms above their shoulders. - The employee
must occasionally lift and/or move anywhere up to 50-75 lbs. -
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth
perception.. -Work EnvironmentThe work environment characteristics
described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. - Reasonable
accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.While performing the duties of
this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid
conditions; moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions;
and extreme cold and/or heat. - The noise level in the work
environment is usually moderate to loud.The statements included in
this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. - They
represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully
perform the job. - Other duties may be assigned as required. -
Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the
Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions.What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and
internal promotionAbout CRHCRH has a long and proud heritage. We
are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional
companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family.
CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows
you to work in a small company environment while having the career
opportunities of large international organization.If you're up for
a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and
apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our
official employment application. Please complete your online
profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system
allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you
for your interest! HK Contractors, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative
Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.EOE/Vet/Disability--If you
want to know more, please click on this -. - -
Keywords: CRH Americas Materials, Idaho Falls , Quality Control Technician - HK, Professions , Idaho Falls, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!