Asphalt Plant Operator/Foreman - HK
Company: CRH Americas Materials
Location: Idaho Falls
Posted on: March 12, 2023
Job ID: 479180HK Contractors, a CRH company, is a member of the
CRH West Division; Our purpose, commitment to the future, and
formula for growth is to champion the safety, empowerment, and
development of our employees. We strive to be the preferred source
of quality sand, rock, landscape products, ready-mixed concrete,
asphalt, paving and construction services. We succeed as a team by
embracing integrity, mutual respect, innovation, service,
sustainability, and financial strength.Position OverviewThis is a
skilled position controlling production and load out of materials
produced in plants. The plant operator is responsible for the
efficient working condition of plant equipment and is expected to
perform minor servicing and maintenance or refer major problems to
the supervisor.Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and
- Reads work schedules and determines sequence of operations.
- Safely operates plant according to production schedule using
- Monitors material operation to ensure quality of mix.
- Performs basic maintenance and servicing on plant and plant
support equipment as required.
- Oversee truck scales and the loading of the trucks.
- Enters production information into computer systems.
- Batch material according to specifications.
- Maintain time and material records.
- Ability to understand appropriate uses of various mix
- Responsible for efficient working condition of plant
- Operates plant support equipment safely and efficiently.
- Follow verbal and written instruction.
- Other duties as assigned per supervisor.
- Be to worksite on time and fit for duty
- May be subject to drug testing, medical exams and physical
agilities testing.Qualifications To perform this job successfully,
an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disability to
perform the essential functions.Education/Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- One to two years related experience and/or training; or
equivalent combination of education and experience.Work
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short
correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write correspondences and memos.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to work well with others in a group or one on one
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have
knowledge of Inventory and Order processing systems; uses job
specific computer system for ticketing and two way radio for
- Must have a current and valid driver's license.Key Competencies
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional employee
situations; Responds promptly to employee needs; Responds to
requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts
well under pressure; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not
blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without
interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others'
ideas and tries new things.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures;
Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports
potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment;
Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal
with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management
direction; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach
- Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Generates suggestions for improving work.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for
ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions.Physical
RequirementsThe physical demands described here are representative
of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. The employee is frequently required to sit,
climb, and use hands to signal and handle equipment. The employee
is occasionally required to stand, walk, crawl, kneel, bend, and
reach with hands and arms above their shoulders. The employee must
occasionally lift and/or move anywhere up to 50-75 lbs. Specific
vision abilities required by this job include close vision,
distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth
perception. Work EnvironmentThe work environment characteristics
described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.While performing the duties of
this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid
conditions; moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions;
and extreme cold and/or heat. The noise level in the work
environment is usually moderate to loud.The statements included in
this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They
represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully
perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required.
Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the
Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions.What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and
internal promotionAbout CRHCRH has a long and proud heritage. We
are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional
companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family.
CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows
you to work in a small company environment while having the career
opportunities of large international organization.If you're up for
a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and
apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our
official employment application. Please complete your online
profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system
allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you
for your interest! HK Contractors, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative
Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.EOE/Vet/Disability If you
want to know more, please click on this link .
Keywords: CRH Americas Materials, Idaho Falls , Asphalt Plant Operator/Foreman - HK, Professions , Idaho Falls, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...