LABOR AND DELIVERY-POST PARTUM REGISTERED NURSE
Company: Mountain View Hospital Llc
Location: Idaho Falls
Posted on: January 9, 2021
- Provides direct patient care in the Recovery, and Postpartum
- Provides assessment and planning for individualized patient
- Communicates with providers about changes in patients clinical
condition, including results of diagnostic studies.
- Responds quickly and accurately to changes in condition or
response to treatment.
- Performs general nursing duties in the Perinatal
- Participates in performance improvement activities and quality
assurance.SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Knowledge of medications and their correct administration based
on age of the patient and their clinical condition.
- Able to provide family centered care for a postpartum mother
and baby on the mother-baby unit.
- Able to assess neonate at delivery and perform neonatal
resuscitation according to current guidelines.
- Able to perform vitals and initial admission and head-to-toe
assessments on infants and adults and reassessments as per
- Implements a teaching plan based on identified learning need
and evaluates effectiveness of learning.(Family is included as
- Able to formulate an individualized plan of care, revise plan
as indicted by the patients response to treatment and evaluate
overall plan daily for effectiveness.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and
development over the life span and the skills necessary to provide
age appropriate care to the patients served.Able to interpret data
about the patients status in order to identify each patients age
specific needs and provide care needed by the patient group.
- Communicates appropriately any patient care issues and current
assessment clearly to charge nurse, co-workers and providers.
- Consults other departments as appropriate to provide for an
interdisciplinary approach to the patients needs.
- Coordinates and supervises patient care, as necessary.
- Demonstrates an ability to assist providers with procedures in
the perinatal unit.
- Demonstrates an ability to be flexible, organized and function
under stressful and emergent situations.
- Maintains established departmental policies and procedures,
objectives, performance improvement program, safety, environmental
and infection control standards.
- Treats patients and their families with respect and
- Interacts professionally with patient/family and involves
patient/family in the formation of the plan of care. Reevaluates
plan of care each shift.
- Maintains a good working relationship both within the
department, with other departments, and with other facilities.
- Written and Computer documentation meet current standards and
- Manages and operates all equipment on the perinatal unit safely
and correctly.Reports broken equipment immediately per
- Able to assess wound and teach wound care to post-operative
- Able to teach self-cares to patients after delivery.
- Implements consultations and referrals as needed.
- Able to perform all newborn screening, blood sampling, and
- Able to complete all discharge teaching and follow up
instructions to patient and parents of the infant in detail
according to policy and procedure.
- Able to act as a scrub technician and a circulating nurse
during operative procedures in the perinatal unit operating
- Demonstrates the ability to use the electronic medical record
and hospital intranet.
- Enhances professional growth and development through
participation in educational programs, current literature,
in-service meetings, staff meetings and workshops; shows
responsibility for own professional practice in ongoing education.
Attends staff meetings.
- Demonstrates the ability to use Healthstream and completes
- Demonstrates the ability to access the Policies and Procedures
on the Hospital Intranet.
- Communicates effectively in English.Bilingual skills are
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Wears hospital identification while on duty.
- Reads emails weekly.
- Follow established chain of command.
- Meets requirements for quarterly bonuses.GENERAL DUTIES AND
- Knows and practices the prescribed vision, mission, values and
standards of Mountain View Hospital.
- Adheres to the hospital dress code.
- Reports to work when scheduled. Knows and adheres to hospital
protocol for absences and vacations.
- Completes assigned work, within the appropriate time
- Prioritizes tasks so that the most important tasks are
- Interacts with other department and staff members in a manner
which promotes optimum service to the patients and/or the
- Fosters good will among the staff members and community.
- Demonstrates willingness to perform tasks of a reasonable
nature as directed by the supervisor.
- Upholds Mountain View Hospital confidentiality policy.
- Supports supervisors and adheres to hospital policies in a
positive and constructive manner.
- Treats employee wages and salaries confidentially.
- Initiates action to prevent the occurrence of any potential
problems or nonconformities relating to patient care or supporting
- Initiates, recommends, or provides solutions through designated
- Maintains competency through education, training, and
in-service activities. Supports and attends on-going education on
- Promotes positive communication in the work environment.
- Does not gossip or cause contention among
co-workers.Education/Certification: Graduate of an accredited
school or nursing. Current valid RN license with the state of Idaho
(GN temporary license accepted).Proof of completion of the
following courses is required either at time of hire, or within the
time frame designated.CPSI: electronic medical record training.BLS
Healthcare Provider: Neonatal Resuscitation Program within three
(3) months of hire.ACLS: within six (6) months of hire.STABLE:
within six (12) months of hire.PALS/PEARS: within twelve (12)
months of hire.Complete Maternal Newborn orientation competency,
and thereafter complete yearly ongoing competency.Working knowledge
of the human anatomy and its application to the well and sick
perinatal patientExperience: Previous mother/baby experience
preferredEquipment/Technology: Basic Computer Skills. Able to use a
variety of medical devices including, but not limited to: I.V.
pumps, radiant warmers, fetal monitoring devices, leg compression
devices, PCA pumps, and respiratory
equipment.Language/Communication: Excellent communication skills
and leadership capability.Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with
mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical
inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions,
percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to calculate drug dosages.Mental Capabilities: Possess
critical thinking and organizational skills. Ability to prioritize
patient care for safety and best optimal outcome. Ability to define
problems, collects data, establish facts and draw valid
conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical
instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several
abstract and concrete variablesInterpersonal: Able to work well
with others. Able to de-escalate volatile situations. Able to offer
and consider constructive instruction. Possess leadership
abilities.Performance: Must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these
- Performing the duties of this job requires prolonged, extensive
or considerable standing and walking.The employee is frequently
required to use hands to handle or feel objects and tools or
controls; reach with hands and arms, bend, stoop, kneel or crouch,
talk, hear and smell.
- The employee must regularly lift, carry position and/or move 50
pounds or more.Specific vision abilities required by this job
include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral
vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.WORK
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may
be:exposed to infections and contagious diseases; exposed to
hazardous anesthetic agent, body fluids and wastes; exposed to a
variety of electrical or mechanical power equipment; exposed to
odorous chemicals and specimens; subject to hazards of flammable,
explosive gases; subject to burns and cuts; occasionally exposed to
radiation; in contact with patients under a wide variety of
circumstances; handling emergency or crisis situations; subject to
many interruptions; subject to irregular hours; required to make
judgments/actions which could result in injury or death of a
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
Keywords: Mountain View Hospital Llc, Idaho Falls , LABOR AND DELIVERY-POST PARTUM REGISTERED NURSE, Healthcare , Idaho Falls, Idaho
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!